AMD Continues 40th Anniversary Celebration with Shipment of 500 Millionth x86 Processor
AMD giving four loyal fans the chance to win an AMD processor-based ultrathin notebook
SUNNYVALE, Calif --7/22/2009 AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the shipment of its 500 millionth x86 processor, a milestone enabled by the company's 40 years of innovation. From the world's most powerful supercomputers to mission-critical enterprise servers, high-performance gaming PCs and HD-capable laptops, users have come to rely on the innovation, stability and power of AMD processors and platforms at work, home and play.
To reward the loyal customers who helped AMD reach this milestone, the company is giving back to its fans by offering the chance to win four HP Pavilion dv2z notebooks, based on AMD's pioneering platform for ultrathin notebooks. The details are as follows:
Follow AMD on Twitter (@AMD_Unprocessed), where a new question will be posted every other Monday beginning July 27.
Send AMD the answer via a direct message to AMD's twitter handle @AMD_Unprocessed.
All eligible respondents will be entered into a drawing for an HP dv2z Notebook.
AMD will give away four AMD processor-based HP Pavilion dv2z notebooks over eight weeks, so fans have ample opportunities to show off their extensive knowledge about the company.
Full rules and details can be found at http://www.amd.com/40years.*
For general AMD updates and to review contest questions, follow AMD on Twitter @AMD_Unprocessed.
Find more AMD updates and contest rules on Facebook.
See what other milestones AMD reached during the past 40 years in this innovation timeline.
AMD executives Nigel Dessau, Dave Kroll and Pat Moorhead share their personal thoughts regarding AMD's 40th anniversary.
View the winning video and photo entries from the first of three AMD 40th anniversary contests.
See HP Pavilion dv2z highlights in this video and buy one here.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
* Eligibility: Residents of United States and Canada (excluding Quebec), age 18 or over. One (1) entry per person per entry period. See complete OFFICIAL RULES for additional details. Official rules may be obtained at http://www.facebook.com/pages/AMD-Unprocessed/15452699102?ref=s. Additional restrictions may apply. Void where prohibited.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft's new Surface Book laptop sports GeForce GPU, Skylake CPU
- The Crew Wild Run set for closed beta on October 15
- Lumia 950 and 950XL has liquid cooling, 4K video, octacore CPU
- Microsoft HoloLens dev kits will be $3,000, ships in Q1 2016
- 'Tobiwan', Soe and 'Maelk' to headline MLG $500,000 2015 World Finals
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Topic: X99E-ITX/ac with 32GB ram
- Buffalo TeraStation 5200 Windows Storage Server Review
- The Crew WILD RUN PC CLOSED BETA WILL BE PLAYABLE FROM OCTOBER 15TH TO OCTOBER 19TH 2015
- MLG Announces Broadcast Talent for World Finals in New Orleans
- Patriot Announces New Viper 4 3600MHz Dual-Channel Memory Kit
- Supermicro Launches New 1U TwinPro Fully Redundant, Dual DP Node, SuperServer
- AMD Partners with Oculus and Dell to Power Oculus Ready PCs