AMD Continues 40th Anniversary Celebration with Shipment of 500 Millionth x86 Processor
AMD giving four loyal fans the chance to win an AMD processor-based ultrathin notebook
SUNNYVALE, Calif --7/22/2009 AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the shipment of its 500 millionth x86 processor, a milestone enabled by the company's 40 years of innovation. From the world's most powerful supercomputers to mission-critical enterprise servers, high-performance gaming PCs and HD-capable laptops, users have come to rely on the innovation, stability and power of AMD processors and platforms at work, home and play.
To reward the loyal customers who helped AMD reach this milestone, the company is giving back to its fans by offering the chance to win four HP Pavilion dv2z notebooks, based on AMD's pioneering platform for ultrathin notebooks. The details are as follows:
Follow AMD on Twitter (@AMD_Unprocessed), where a new question will be posted every other Monday beginning July 27.
Send AMD the answer via a direct message to AMD's twitter handle @AMD_Unprocessed.
All eligible respondents will be entered into a drawing for an HP dv2z Notebook.
AMD will give away four AMD processor-based HP Pavilion dv2z notebooks over eight weeks, so fans have ample opportunities to show off their extensive knowledge about the company.
Full rules and details can be found at http://www.amd.com/40years.*
For general AMD updates and to review contest questions, follow AMD on Twitter @AMD_Unprocessed.
Find more AMD updates and contest rules on Facebook.
See what other milestones AMD reached during the past 40 years in this innovation timeline.
AMD executives Nigel Dessau, Dave Kroll and Pat Moorhead share their personal thoughts regarding AMD's 40th anniversary.
View the winning video and photo entries from the first of three AMD 40th anniversary contests.
See HP Pavilion dv2z highlights in this video and buy one here.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
* Eligibility: Residents of United States and Canada (excluding Quebec), age 18 or over. One (1) entry per person per entry period. See complete OFFICIAL RULES for additional details. Official rules may be obtained at http://www.facebook.com/pages/AMD-Unprocessed/15452699102?ref=s. Additional restrictions may apply. Void where prohibited.
Latest News Posts
- Knack 2 place further emphasis on 2 player co-op
- Rocket League gets a new map and a DLC car
- Battlefield 1 dev said shovel digging might come back
- South Korea is getting an online version of Titanfall
- Artificial intelligence creates a (bad) Christmas song
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset