AMD Continues 40th Anniversary Celebration with Shipment of 500 Millionth x86 Processor
AMD giving four loyal fans the chance to win an AMD processor-based ultrathin notebook
SUNNYVALE, Calif --7/22/2009 AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the shipment of its 500 millionth x86 processor, a milestone enabled by the company's 40 years of innovation. From the world's most powerful supercomputers to mission-critical enterprise servers, high-performance gaming PCs and HD-capable laptops, users have come to rely on the innovation, stability and power of AMD processors and platforms at work, home and play.
To reward the loyal customers who helped AMD reach this milestone, the company is giving back to its fans by offering the chance to win four HP Pavilion dv2z notebooks, based on AMD's pioneering platform for ultrathin notebooks. The details are as follows:
Follow AMD on Twitter (@AMD_Unprocessed), where a new question will be posted every other Monday beginning July 27.
Send AMD the answer via a direct message to AMD's twitter handle @AMD_Unprocessed.
All eligible respondents will be entered into a drawing for an HP dv2z Notebook.
AMD will give away four AMD processor-based HP Pavilion dv2z notebooks over eight weeks, so fans have ample opportunities to show off their extensive knowledge about the company.
Full rules and details can be found at http://www.amd.com/40years.*
For general AMD updates and to review contest questions, follow AMD on Twitter @AMD_Unprocessed.
Find more AMD updates and contest rules on Facebook.
See what other milestones AMD reached during the past 40 years in this innovation timeline.
AMD executives Nigel Dessau, Dave Kroll and Pat Moorhead share their personal thoughts regarding AMD's 40th anniversary.
View the winning video and photo entries from the first of three AMD 40th anniversary contests.
See HP Pavilion dv2z highlights in this video and buy one here.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
* Eligibility: Residents of United States and Canada (excluding Quebec), age 18 or over. One (1) entry per person per entry period. See complete OFFICIAL RULES for additional details. Official rules may be obtained at http://www.facebook.com/pages/AMD-Unprocessed/15452699102?ref=s. Additional restrictions may apply. Void where prohibited.
Latest News Posts
- Survey: 92% think US government must react to foreign cyberattacks
- Don't want forced Windows 10 updates? There's a tool to block them
- Mushkin adds SSDs to ATLAS family, aimed at notebooks, SFFs
- ARK: Survival Evolved receives new 'Survival of the Fittest' game mode
- It's Kirby's time to run around in Unreal Engine 4
- Tesoro Kuven Pro Real 5.1 Gaming Headset Review
- New PC
- Asrock Z97 Extreme9 SLI and Intel 750 question
- Windows 7 - Original Software with Asus laptop
- Antec P70 Performance Series Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Futuremark Peacekeeper to be Discontinued
- Logitech Confirms FY 2016 Outlook with Q1 Sales of $470 Million
- Team Group Announces the MiDRIVE Storage Solution
- Microsoft Releases FY15 Q4 Results
- PNY Reveals the HP v210w 2.0 USB Flash Drive