Microsoft Releases Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
Industry partners are finalizing new products in time for the worldwide launch.
REDMOND, Wash. - July 22, 2009 - Microsoft Corp. today announced the release to manufacturing (RTM) of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, the next versions of its flagship desktop and server operating systems. With the completion of this development phase, industry partners are readying products in time for the Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 worldwide general launches. Windows 7 will be generally available to customers around the world on October 22, and Windows Server 2008 R2 will be generally available on or before that date. As always, current customers of the Windows Volume Licensing program, Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) subscribers and TechNet subscribers will be among the first to get customer access to Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 in the coming weeks.
Microsoft will make the announcement on its Windows Team and Windows Server Blogs later today. More information about today's news is available via the following links:
Windows Team Blog, http://windowsteamblog.com
Windows Server Blog, http://blogs.technet.com/windowsserver
Partner Web sites, http://readyset7.com/ and http://talkingaboutwindows.com/Default.aspx
Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 for businesses, http://www.microsoft.com/windows/default.aspx and http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/R2.aspx
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Latest News Posts
- Project Cars 2 is rumored to already be in development
- Criminals receiving bitcoin ransom payments converting money fast
- LG's G4 should cost around $800, a little more than the Galaxy S6 edge
- Lenovo's new K80 smartphone features 4GB of RAM, 4000mAh battery
- Vin Diesel announces 'Fast & Furious 8' with an April 2017 release
- ASRock C226 WS graphics output resolution support
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic Charging Pad Review
- Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- SilverStone Fortress SST-FT05B-W Full-Tower Chassis Review
- Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 Error Code 10 and 15
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!
- BIOSTAR brings out the Small but Powerful Hi-Fi B85S1 Motherboard
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X