Lexar Media Announces Next Generation Crucial Solid-State Drive Products
New M225 Solid-State Drive Series Boasts Read Speeds up to 250MB/sec and Write Speeds up to 200MB/sec
Fremont, CA, and Glasgow, UK, July 20, 2009 - Lexar Media, a leading global provider of memory products for digital media, today announced its revved-up line of Crucial solid-state drive (SSD) products - the fastest, highest capacity Crucial SSDs to date. The most dramatic change in this new generation of Crucial SSDs is the blazing-fast read and write speeds. The flagship 256GB Crucial M225 SSD screams at an impressive 250MB/sec read speed and a 200MB/sec write speed. The new Crucial SSDs enhance system performance by improving operating system boot and application load times. They also utilize a SATA 2.0 (3Gb/s) interface and feature MLC NAND flash components housed in an industry standard 2.5-inch drive enclosure, making a Crucial M225 SSD easy to install.
"By upgrading their system with a solid-state drive, mobile computer users will enjoy a faster, more rugged system with storage built for mobility. The fact that SSDs don't have any moving parts makes Crucial solid-state drives quieter, cooler, and more durable than traditional hard drives," said Robert Wheadon, Lexar Media's senior worldwide product marketing manager.
The benefits of an SSD aren't limited to notebooks; the Crucial SK01 External Drive Storage Kit (sold separately) is compatible with all three Crucial M225 solid-state drive products. This innovative device delivers the benefits of SSD technology to a user's desktop, or as a portable storage device via a USB port. The kit includes a 2.5-inch USB 2.0 external enclosure, a 3.5-inch SATA 3Gb/s hot-swappable drive bay, and a 5.25-inch drive bay bracket. The Crucial SK01 kit comes with a five year limited warranty.
Visit http://www.crucial.com/ssd, http://www.crucial.com/uk/ssd, or http://www.crucial.com/eu/ssd to take advantage of free online tools, such as the Crucial SSD Advisor tool, which allows customers to find a compatible SSD simply by choosing their system make and model from a drop-down menu. Additionally, an online flash-based installation guide demonstrates how easy it is to install a Crucial M225 SSD.
Crucial SSDs are available in 64GB (currently $169.99), 128GB (currently $329.99), and 256GB (currently $599.99) capacities online atwww.crucial.com/ssd, http://www.crucial.com/uk/ssd, or http://www.crucial.com/eu/ssd, and through select channel partners. The new Crucial SSDs also feature a five year limited warranty.
Follow Crucial online!
Crucial M225 Solid-State Drive (SSD) Key Messages:
- Fastest, highest capacity Crucial SSDs to date
- Available in capacities of 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB
- Featuring an industry standard 2.5-inch form factor, and a SATA 2.0 (3Gb/s) interface
- Excellent alternative to the traditional hard drive - quieter, cooler, and more durable
- Fully compatible with the Crucial SK01 External Drive Storage kit
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards