Intel Reports Second-Quarter Results
Second-Quarter Revenue $8.0 Billion, Up 12 Percent Sequentially
Gross Margin 51 Percent, Up 5.5 Points Sequentially
Charge of $1.45 Billion Associated with the European Commission (EC) Fine
Non-GAAP Operating Income $1.4 Billion, GAAP Operating Loss $12 Million
Non-GAAP Net Income $1.0 Billion, GAAP Net Loss $398 Million
Non-GAAP Earnings Per Share 18 Cents, GAAP Loss Per Share 7 Cents
(note: Non-GAAP Figures Exclude Only the EC Fine)
SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 14, 2009 - Intel Corporation today reported second-quarter revenue of $8.0 billion. Excluding the effects of the European Commission fine, the company had non-GAAP operating income of $1.4 billion, net income of $1.0 billion and EPS of 18 cents. On a GAAP-basis, the company reported an operating loss of $12 million, a net loss of $398 million and a loss per share of 7 cents.
"Intel's second-quarter results reflect improving conditions in the PC market segment with our strongest first- to second-quarter growth since 1988 and a clear expectation for a seasonally stronger second half," said Paul Otellini, Intel president and CEO. "Intel's strategy of investing in new technologies and innovative products, combined with ongoing focus on operating efficiencies, continues to yield benefits that are evident in our strengthening financial performance."
To read the complete earnings release,click here
Latest News Posts
- Hearthstone World Championships 2016 prize pool raised to $1 million
- Google flooded with 'right to be forgotten', 1 million URLs so far
- OnePlus won't replace faulty USB Type-C cable on its OnePlus 2 handset
- Introducing Li-Fi, the Wi-Fi killer that boasts 224Gbps
- NVIDIA rumored to be preparing the GeForce GTX 960 Ti
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader
- MSI Announces ECO Series Socket LGA1151 Motherboards
- Mionix Announces New-generation SARGAS Mousepad Family