Intel Reports Second-Quarter Results
Second-Quarter Revenue $8.0 Billion, Up 12 Percent Sequentially
Gross Margin 51 Percent, Up 5.5 Points Sequentially
Charge of $1.45 Billion Associated with the European Commission (EC) Fine
Non-GAAP Operating Income $1.4 Billion, GAAP Operating Loss $12 Million
Non-GAAP Net Income $1.0 Billion, GAAP Net Loss $398 Million
Non-GAAP Earnings Per Share 18 Cents, GAAP Loss Per Share 7 Cents
(note: Non-GAAP Figures Exclude Only the EC Fine)
SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 14, 2009 - Intel Corporation today reported second-quarter revenue of $8.0 billion. Excluding the effects of the European Commission fine, the company had non-GAAP operating income of $1.4 billion, net income of $1.0 billion and EPS of 18 cents. On a GAAP-basis, the company reported an operating loss of $12 million, a net loss of $398 million and a loss per share of 7 cents.
"Intel's second-quarter results reflect improving conditions in the PC market segment with our strongest first- to second-quarter growth since 1988 and a clear expectation for a seasonally stronger second half," said Paul Otellini, Intel president and CEO. "Intel's strategy of investing in new technologies and innovative products, combined with ongoing focus on operating efficiencies, continues to yield benefits that are evident in our strengthening financial performance."
To read the complete earnings release,click here
Latest News Posts
- Difficulties trying to sell Xbox One, PlayStation 4 in China
- Apple's new iPhone rumored to feature 4K-capable, 12-megapixel camera
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 'confirmed', launching in 2GB and 4GB versions
- Mozilla begins testing its new VR-based Firefox browser 'MozVR'
- AMD's Frame Rate Target Control tested with considerable power savings
- The top four things North Korea has achieved in the past 18 months
- Accell Home or Away USB Surge Protector Review
- Define S 47 [Buildlog 03.07.2015]
- Power loss - Event 41 Kernel Power
- ASRock Beebox (N3000) Fanless Small Form Factor PC Review
- Sharkoon Gamer Mouse with Bungee Hub - MSRP 47.99 Euros
- SMITE on Xbox One will have Australian Servers with Open Beta launch next Week
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors