Intel Reports Second-Quarter Results
Second-Quarter Revenue $8.0 Billion, Up 12 Percent Sequentially
Gross Margin 51 Percent, Up 5.5 Points Sequentially
Charge of $1.45 Billion Associated with the European Commission (EC) Fine
Non-GAAP Operating Income $1.4 Billion, GAAP Operating Loss $12 Million
Non-GAAP Net Income $1.0 Billion, GAAP Net Loss $398 Million
Non-GAAP Earnings Per Share 18 Cents, GAAP Loss Per Share 7 Cents
(note: Non-GAAP Figures Exclude Only the EC Fine)
SANTA CLARA, Calif., July 14, 2009 - Intel Corporation today reported second-quarter revenue of $8.0 billion. Excluding the effects of the European Commission fine, the company had non-GAAP operating income of $1.4 billion, net income of $1.0 billion and EPS of 18 cents. On a GAAP-basis, the company reported an operating loss of $12 million, a net loss of $398 million and a loss per share of 7 cents.
"Intel's second-quarter results reflect improving conditions in the PC market segment with our strongest first- to second-quarter growth since 1988 and a clear expectation for a seasonally stronger second half," said Paul Otellini, Intel president and CEO. "Intel's strategy of investing in new technologies and innovative products, combined with ongoing focus on operating efficiencies, continues to yield benefits that are evident in our strengthening financial performance."
To read the complete earnings release,click here
Latest News Posts
- KFC's new meal box charges your smartphone with its built-in battery
- Join the 'Gods of Egypt' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- Four-part Mass Effect book series links original trilogy to Andromeda
- Sonic the Hedgehog's new 2017 game to have 'huge emphasis on quality'
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- GA-Z77-UD5H and W10 Sata Port Recognition?
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines