Graphics performance to infinity and beyond -- Leadtek WinFast GTX 280 and GTX 260
Taipei, Taiwan, June 16th, 2008 - Rising to the expectations of global gamers, Leadtek Research Inc., a global front runner in extreme visual graphics technology development, announces the debut of its new epochal graphics card series, WinFast GTX 280 1024MB and GTX 260 896MB. Based on the NVIDIA GTX 280 and GTX 260 chipsets, these high power graphics cards have been born to transform and take gaming into a new and exhilarating new era.
Featuring the powerful GeForce GTX 280 GPU with 240 stream processors, WinFast GTX 280 has a scorching GPU clock speed of 602MHz. On the other hand, with a clock speed of 576MHz, the WinFast GTX 260 with GeForce GTX 260 GPU and 192 stream processors also makes an effective shift of everyday processing tasks from the CPU to the GPU.
Powered up with the 2nd Generation NVIDIA Unified Architecture, both graphics cards enable multiple, true-to-life game characters to be rendered in complex and dynamic virtual worlds. Also, compatible with 3-way SLI technology, the new solutions impart to every user the thrill of extreme HD gaming and first-rate entertainment experience. NVIDIA Hybrid Power technology allows users to switch to the IGP of nForce motherboard when running non graphically-intensive applications for a silent and low power PC experience.
By the latest parallel computing architecture with massive independent processing cores, GTX 280 and GTX 260 can be allowed to execute most complicated non-gaming application via CUDA language smoothly, such as accelerating the art design application, science simulation application or transcoding video to a personal video player up to 7X faster than the CPU.
Latest NVIDIA PhysX technology brings games to lift with massively destructible environments and ultra-realistic physical interaction. All gamers get deeper pulled into the virtual but realistic gaming environment with sweat palm and racing heart as the lifelike characters behave with great intensity.
Even more, both WinFast GTX 280 and GTX 260 come bundled with the most popular and award-winning adventure game, Neverwinter Nights 2, in which each decision directly affects each character and the passage of time itself along with excellent music and, for the most part, voice acting.
With a 50% performance boost over previous generation cards, flagship WinFast GTX 280 and GTX 260 are sure to shake up your PC platform and assure you total immersion and ultimate performance in the very best of all gaming worlds.
Latest News Posts
- Mad Catz lays off massive 37% of staff despite great Rockband 4 sales
- 6DoF is coming back with Overlord from Descent co-creators
- Save Over 20% on the World's Smallest First-Person-View Drone
- Raspberry Pi gets experimental GPU acceleration, games now playable
- Google announces it will stop displaying Flash ads as of Jan 2, 2017
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance