Graphics performance to infinity and beyond -- Leadtek WinFast GTX 280 and GTX 260
Taipei, Taiwan, June 16th, 2008 - Rising to the expectations of global gamers, Leadtek Research Inc., a global front runner in extreme visual graphics technology development, announces the debut of its new epochal graphics card series, WinFast GTX 280 1024MB and GTX 260 896MB. Based on the NVIDIA GTX 280 and GTX 260 chipsets, these high power graphics cards have been born to transform and take gaming into a new and exhilarating new era.
Featuring the powerful GeForce GTX 280 GPU with 240 stream processors, WinFast GTX 280 has a scorching GPU clock speed of 602MHz. On the other hand, with a clock speed of 576MHz, the WinFast GTX 260 with GeForce GTX 260 GPU and 192 stream processors also makes an effective shift of everyday processing tasks from the CPU to the GPU.
Powered up with the 2nd Generation NVIDIA Unified Architecture, both graphics cards enable multiple, true-to-life game characters to be rendered in complex and dynamic virtual worlds. Also, compatible with 3-way SLI technology, the new solutions impart to every user the thrill of extreme HD gaming and first-rate entertainment experience. NVIDIA Hybrid Power technology allows users to switch to the IGP of nForce motherboard when running non graphically-intensive applications for a silent and low power PC experience.
By the latest parallel computing architecture with massive independent processing cores, GTX 280 and GTX 260 can be allowed to execute most complicated non-gaming application via CUDA language smoothly, such as accelerating the art design application, science simulation application or transcoding video to a personal video player up to 7X faster than the CPU.
Latest NVIDIA PhysX technology brings games to lift with massively destructible environments and ultra-realistic physical interaction. All gamers get deeper pulled into the virtual but realistic gaming environment with sweat palm and racing heart as the lifelike characters behave with great intensity.
Even more, both WinFast GTX 280 and GTX 260 come bundled with the most popular and award-winning adventure game, Neverwinter Nights 2, in which each decision directly affects each character and the passage of time itself along with excellent music and, for the most part, voice acting.
With a 50% performance boost over previous generation cards, flagship WinFast GTX 280 and GTX 260 are sure to shake up your PC platform and assure you total immersion and ultimate performance in the very best of all gaming worlds.
Latest News Posts
- George Miller still planning two 'Mad Max' sequels
- Call of Duty WWII creatively strips players of power
- Hardware deals: GTX 1050 only $95 & cheapest Ryzen 5
- Instagram reaches 700 million users
- Samsung and LG working on a display with 4 curved sides?
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Cursor disappearing randomly
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives
- Call of Duty: WWII delivers gripping action on global scale
- Nokia partners with Lucasfilm to deliver an immersive behind-the-scenes VR experience of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- New LaCie 2big Dock Thunderbolt 3 bridges the port gap and delivers massive capacity to streamline creative workflows
- ENERMAX launches D.F. STORM, the 3500RPM fan featuring self-cleaning design