WhipTail Technologies Introduces 6TB SSD Tier 0 Storage Appliance
WhipTail Technologies Inc., a provider of solid-state drive (SSD) tier 0 storage appliances, announced availability of its 6TB WhipTail SSD appliance. Still manufactured as a 2 rack unit (2U), this makes WhipTail the highest-capacity SSD tier 0 appliance available to mid- to large-sized enterprises, with the smallest footprint.
"Enterprise customers continuously seek solutions that increase performance while satisfying their need for higher capacity. With advancements in technology, SSDs increasingly are sought after to deliver in many demanding applications," said Jeff Janukowicz, research manager, Hard Disk Drive Components and Solid State Drives, IDC. "As a relatively new player in the enterprise SSD space, WhipTail is making a name for itself with the introduction of 6TB, high performance SSD, a capacity point rarely seen."
WhipTail, now available in 1.5, 3.0 and 6.0 TB and varying levels of redundancies, is best suited for enterprises with poorly performing databases, over-taxed virtualization storage pools and under-performing email systems.
When compared with traditional storage, the WhipTail SSD appliance:
- Accelerates the delivery of data by a factor of 10
- Reduces report run time by a factor of 10
- Provides up to a 90 percent energy savings
- Reduces the data center footprint by 60 percent
- Reduces database report generation and load time by 90 percent
- WhipTail pricing starts at $46,000 for a 1.5 TB system.
"One of Tier 0 storage's downfalls to date has been the perception within the industry that it's too expensive," said Ed Rebholz, CEO of WhipTail Technologies. "Since WhipTail's introduction earlier this year, we've already made significant strides in helping our industry peers to gain a new perspective. And in introducing the 6TB capacity, not only is WhipTail setting the bar for performance, footprint and affordability, but now we're the SSD capacity leader."
Latest News Posts
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives