Altec Lansing Refreshes Value-series Speakers for PCs and Laptops
Altec Lansing, a division of Plantronics Inc. and a market leader in digital audio, today announced the VS2621 and VS2620 speaker systems. Both products bring innovative visual design and Altec Lansing's award-winning sound to any desktop laptop or MP3 player, at budget-friendly prices between 29.99 and 49.99 Euro.
"Today consumers want the most value for their money", says Luc Ackaert, Altec Lansing's EMEA Marketing Director. "The VS series offer great sound and styling that re-define bang for the buck. Both speaker systems are distinguished by sleek, modern styling that look and sound great in the home".
The flagship model of Altec Lansing's new value series is the VS2621, a 2.1 subwoofer-satellite combination that provides an amazing 93db of sound pressure level from a compact system. Designed from the ground up to ''blow the listener's socks off,'' the VS2621 brings a new level of audio performance to its value price category. The subwoofer's 4-inch side-firing driver provides low frequency response down to an impressive 45 Hz for realistic bass and surround effects. The trapezoid-shaped satellites feature full range drivers that extend treble response out to 18 kHz, retaining the clarity and sparkle of even high-bit rate music files, high-resolution games and high definition movies. The VS2621 has an MSRP of Euro 49.99 (inc VAT).
The VS2620 features a pair of trapezoidal mini-towers that provide listeners with a rich 2.0 audio experience that belies the system's compact size. The VS2620 features built in volume, power and tone controls and an AUX in Jack for easy connection to portable DVD, MP3 or CD players and is priced at Euro 29.99 (inc VAT).
The new VS Series will be available at leading consumer electronics outlets in July, and in-store at Currys, John Lewis, Maplin and PC World from August 2009.
Latest News Posts
- Destiny 2 trailer shows Cabal invading Last City
- AMD's 12C/24T and 16C/32T CPUs called 'ThreadRipper'
- FMV games are coming back with Late Shift on April 18
- First Dolby Vision 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs announced
- AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G announced
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design