TRENDnet Expands Energy Saving GREENnetT Desktop Switches Portfolio
TORRANCE, Calif. - July 1, 2009- TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, today announces the launch of the energy saving 8-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnet Switch (model TE100-S80g), 5-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnet Switch (model TE100-S50g) and 5-Port Gigabit GREENnet Switch (model TEG-S5g). The switches feature TRENDnet's embedded environmentally friendly GREENnetT technology.
GREENnetT is a TRENDnet switch-based technology that determines and supplies the appropriate amount of electrical power to each hardwired switching port as required by the connected device, by the port, or by the length of the connected Ethernet cable. GREENnetT technology can reduce port-based power consumption by up to 70%.
GREENnetT solutions automatically detect if an Ethernet port is not in use and will reduce the amount of power sent to the respective unused port. A port may not be in use when either no device is connected to the port or when the device that is connected to the port is powered down or in Standby mode. Less power is required to send data over shorter cable lengths. GREENnetT technology automatically detects the length of respective connected cables and adjusts the power supply accordingly. GREENnetT technology functions automatically, requires no management and has no effect on product performance.
TRENDnet's compact 8-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnet Switch, model TE100-S80g, has eight 10/100Mbps Auto-Negotiation RJ-45 ports which support Full Duplex mode and deliver a cumulative 1.6Gbps switching capacity. The device works right out of the box, diagnostic LEDs display port status and a sturdy metal housing makes this product a rugged and reliable workstation solution. The TE100-S80g comes with a five year limited warranty and is now available through TRENDnet's online and retail partners. The MSRP for the TE100-S80g is US $36.
The 5-Port 10/100Mbps GREENnet Switch, model TE100-S50g, delivers a switching capacity of 1Gbps with Full-Duplex mode support for all five 10/100Mbps Auto-Negotiation RJ-45 ports. The device works right out of the box, diagnostic LEDs display port status and a sturdy metal housing makes this product a rugged and reliable desktop solution. The TE100-S50g comes with a five year limited warranty and is now available through TRENDnet's online and retail partners. The MSRP for the TE100-S50g is US $28.
The 5-Port Gigabit GREENnet Switch, model TEG-S5g, boosts efficiency and eliminates network congestion with Gigabit speeds and a total switching capacity of 10Gbps with Full-Duplex mode support for all five Gigabit Auto-Negotiation RJ-45 ports. The device offers simple Plug and Play installation, diagnostic LEDs convey port status and Jumbo Frame support transfers more data in less time. The TEG-S5g comes with a five year limited warranty and will be available from TRENDnet's online and retail partners mid-July. The MSRP for the TEG-S5g is US $56.
"In these challenging times, consumers are looking closely at every product purchase," stated Brian Chu, Director of Information Technology for TRENDnet. "TRENDnet GREENnetT switches deliver energy savings at the same performance and price levels as other less efficient products."
TRENDnet is an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a complete line of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small to mid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnet is headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch offices in Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet products are sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistently recognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleled support. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- New Fallout 4 1.3 update improves draw distance on PS4, Xbox One
- Surprise! Final Fantasy IX available on iOS and Android right now
- Telstra apologises for service outage, offers free data for one day
- Get acquainted to a dangerous world in Far Cry Primal's newest trailer
- Console gamers can scale The Division's visuals to boost frame rates
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance