Scythe Launches BIG Shuriken - low-profile and powerful CPU Cooler
Hamburg, Germany. 30. June 2009: Scythe Europe hereby announces the availability of the new compact-size BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler. This new product enriches the series of compact and silent CPU Coolers for computes with very limited height and weight restrictions. Due to its height of only 58 mm and the weight of 405 g, the BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler is perfectly qualified for such PC Systems.
Compared to normal Shuriken CPU Cooler which comes with a Kaze Jyu 100 mm Slim fan, the BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler is equipped with the brand new Slip Stream 120 mm Slim case fan with 12 mm thickness. Despite the name "BIG" Shuriken, the total height shrank by 6 mm (0.236 in) to 58 mm (2.28 in). Whereas the Shuriken CPU Cooler was equipped with 3 copper heatpipes the BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler received an additional copper heatpipe to further increase the performance. Yet, both of the models support the PWM feature (pulse-width modulation) for flexible fan by the motherboard. The specified fan speed varies from 650 (+300) to 1600rpm (±10%) whereas the generated airflow varies from 15.77 to 38.05 CFM (27 to 65 m³/h) at a noise level of 12.91 to 28.89 dBA.
Using the supplied fan clips, it is possible to attach any aftermarkets 120 mm case fan (without tunnel mountings) to further customize the airflow and noise level of your PC. Big Shuriken CPU Cooler can be mounted easily on the Intel® socket 478, T / LGA 775, LGA1366 and AMD® socket 754, 939, AM2, AM2+, AM3, 940 tool-free by using the included VTMS clips.
Big Shuriken CPU Cooler is available at MSRP of 24.95 EUR (excluding VAT) or US$ 34.95 (excluding TAX).
BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler
Sockel T / LGA 775
125x135x58 mm / 4.92x5.31x2.28 in (Overall)
120x120x12 mm / 4.72x4.72x0.47 in (Fan)
650 (+300 rpm) ~ 1600 rpm (±10%) - PWM controlled
12.91 ~ 28.89 dBA
27 - 65 m³/h / 15.77 - 38.05 CFM
405 g (14.28 oz)
Latest News Posts
- Ashley Madison growing, including almost 90K women last week
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20