Scythe Launches BIG Shuriken - low-profile and powerful CPU Cooler
Hamburg, Germany. 30. June 2009: Scythe Europe hereby announces the availability of the new compact-size BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler. This new product enriches the series of compact and silent CPU Coolers for computes with very limited height and weight restrictions. Due to its height of only 58 mm and the weight of 405 g, the BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler is perfectly qualified for such PC Systems.
Compared to normal Shuriken CPU Cooler which comes with a Kaze Jyu 100 mm Slim fan, the BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler is equipped with the brand new Slip Stream 120 mm Slim case fan with 12 mm thickness. Despite the name "BIG" Shuriken, the total height shrank by 6 mm (0.236 in) to 58 mm (2.28 in). Whereas the Shuriken CPU Cooler was equipped with 3 copper heatpipes the BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler received an additional copper heatpipe to further increase the performance. Yet, both of the models support the PWM feature (pulse-width modulation) for flexible fan by the motherboard. The specified fan speed varies from 650 (+300) to 1600rpm (±10%) whereas the generated airflow varies from 15.77 to 38.05 CFM (27 to 65 m³/h) at a noise level of 12.91 to 28.89 dBA.
Using the supplied fan clips, it is possible to attach any aftermarkets 120 mm case fan (without tunnel mountings) to further customize the airflow and noise level of your PC. Big Shuriken CPU Cooler can be mounted easily on the Intel® socket 478, T / LGA 775, LGA1366 and AMD® socket 754, 939, AM2, AM2+, AM3, 940 tool-free by using the included VTMS clips.
Big Shuriken CPU Cooler is available at MSRP of 24.95 EUR (excluding VAT) or US$ 34.95 (excluding TAX).
BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler
Sockel T / LGA 775
125x135x58 mm / 4.92x5.31x2.28 in (Overall)
120x120x12 mm / 4.72x4.72x0.47 in (Fan)
650 (+300 rpm) ~ 1600 rpm (±10%) - PWM controlled
12.91 ~ 28.89 dBA
27 - 65 m³/h / 15.77 - 38.05 CFM
405 g (14.28 oz)
Latest News Posts
- AMD financials continue to decline, even with the launch of Fury X
- Sony rumored to unveil its new Xperia Z5 smartphone in September
- LG uses Advanced In-Cell Touch technology for next-gen laptop screens
- GIGABYTE Z170 motherboards teased, with a super-hot new look
- Samsung pushes the SSD game with 2TB 850 Evo and 850 Pro additions
- ICY DOCK Black Vortex MB174U3S-4SB USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- C2750D4I: EFI firmware bug?
- ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Custom Bios (ASRock X99 Extreme6 3.1 ?
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- GELID Announces Polar 1U Low-profile CPU Cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Transcend Announces StoreJet 35T3 8TB USB 3.0 External HDD
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC