Scythe Launches BIG Shuriken - low-profile and powerful CPU Cooler
Hamburg, Germany. 30. June 2009: Scythe Europe hereby announces the availability of the new compact-size BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler. This new product enriches the series of compact and silent CPU Coolers for computes with very limited height and weight restrictions. Due to its height of only 58 mm and the weight of 405 g, the BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler is perfectly qualified for such PC Systems.
Compared to normal Shuriken CPU Cooler which comes with a Kaze Jyu 100 mm Slim fan, the BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler is equipped with the brand new Slip Stream 120 mm Slim case fan with 12 mm thickness. Despite the name "BIG" Shuriken, the total height shrank by 6 mm (0.236 in) to 58 mm (2.28 in). Whereas the Shuriken CPU Cooler was equipped with 3 copper heatpipes the BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler received an additional copper heatpipe to further increase the performance. Yet, both of the models support the PWM feature (pulse-width modulation) for flexible fan by the motherboard. The specified fan speed varies from 650 (+300) to 1600rpm (±10%) whereas the generated airflow varies from 15.77 to 38.05 CFM (27 to 65 m³/h) at a noise level of 12.91 to 28.89 dBA.
Using the supplied fan clips, it is possible to attach any aftermarkets 120 mm case fan (without tunnel mountings) to further customize the airflow and noise level of your PC. Big Shuriken CPU Cooler can be mounted easily on the Intel® socket 478, T / LGA 775, LGA1366 and AMD® socket 754, 939, AM2, AM2+, AM3, 940 tool-free by using the included VTMS clips.
Big Shuriken CPU Cooler is available at MSRP of 24.95 EUR (excluding VAT) or US$ 34.95 (excluding TAX).
BIG Shuriken CPU Cooler
Sockel T / LGA 775
125x135x58 mm / 4.92x5.31x2.28 in (Overall)
120x120x12 mm / 4.72x4.72x0.47 in (Fan)
650 (+300 rpm) ~ 1600 rpm (±10%) - PWM controlled
12.91 ~ 28.89 dBA
27 - 65 m³/h / 15.77 - 38.05 CFM
405 g (14.28 oz)
Latest News Posts
- Valve partners with Bitpay, with Bitcoin support now on Steam
- Intel no longer defines itself as a PC company, thinking more broadly
- Weekly Giveaway: Win a ZOTAC SONIX PCIe 480GB SSD (Global Entry!)
- Facebook, Messenger, Instagram apps debut on Windows 10
- Fallout 4 Steam patch adds Survival difficulty, improves performance
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- Thecus N5810 Consumer NAS Review
- Cold double post on Z77X-UD5H
- Lian Li PC-X510 question about resonance sound
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched