Intel Developer Forum to Mix Business with Pleasure in San Francisco
Intel Corporation's largest technical conference returns to San Francisco on Sept. 22-24. Registration is now underway for the Intel Developer Forum, featuring 3 days of vision, learning and collaboration at Moscone Center West. In its 12th year, IDF focuses on Intel's technology and platform roadmap directions for the next year and beyond in the areas of digital enterprise, mobility, digital home, software, manufacturing and research.
"IDF is the place to be for thousands of developers, technologists and business managers to learn where technology is going, enabling them to develop product strategies," said Mark Erwin, general manager of the event that drew more than 5,000 attendees last year in San Francisco. "In every conference room, every corridor, every nook of the conference brilliant minds meet, collaborate and learn from one another. It's also where major announcements are made, which is one of the reasons the event is covered onsite by nearly 600 of the world's top journalists and analysts."
Intel leaders will delve into key strategies on myriad topics during all three days. CEO and President Paul Otellini will kick off the opening day keynote slate with a leadership address. Next up is Pat Gelsinger, senior vice president and general manager, Digital Enterprise Group, discussing "Intel Architecture Innovates and Integrates." Bob Baker, senior vice president and general manager, Technology and Manufacturing Group, will share insights on "Silicon Leadership: Delivering Innovation in High Volume."
Day 2 keynotes are "The Mobile Computing Revolution" by David Perlmutter, executive vice president and general manager, Mobility Group; "Developing for the Full Spectrum of Computing" by Renee James, vice president and general manager, Software and Services Group; and "The Architecture of Television Innovation," by Eric Kim, senior vice president and general manager, Digital Home Group.
The anchor keynote on Day 3, "The Future of Mobile and Immersive Computing Experiences," will be delivered by Justin Rattner, Intel senior Fellow and vice president, and Intel Labs director and chief technology officer.
A special event on Tuesday evening will be a concert by three-time Grammy Award-winning Maroon 5. One of the most successful bands to emerge this decade, Maroon 5 has more than 15 million in worldwide sales and a remarkable string of hit singles, including "Makes Me Wonder," "Wake Up Call," "Won't Go Home Without You" and the band's first Top 10 hit, "This Love." Admission to the concert is open to all IDF registrants.
Other highlights during IDF include the industry Technology Showcase, home of the latest innovations demonstrated by representatives from leading technology companies. Also returning are the popular Technology Insights, where attendees get the latest on Intel processor technologies from Intel Fellows. Industry Insights feature industry visionaries and Intel Fellows, and Live & Uncensored (formerly Shop Talk), promises that no question is off-limits. In all, more than 125 technical sessions are planned, including interactive lecture sessions, hands-on labs and panels. IDF Gold Sponsors to-date: Absolute Software, Cisco, Ericsson, Microsoft Corporation, Rambus, Sun Microsystems and Supermicro. Silver Sponsors are Hynix, Lenovo, Symantec and VMware.
Registration is available at http://www.intel.com/idf or by calling 800-569-2748 (international calls +1-203-851-7817).
Latest News Posts
- PS4 Pro 'turns off half the GPU' to run normal PS4 games
- Escape from Tarkov looks like one of the best games ever
- Nintendo releases Special Edition: Lime Green 3DS XL
- Iron Tides is a Final Fantasy Tactics Viking roguelite
- The Last Guardian goes gold after 9 years in development
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook