id Software Reveals New Location for QuakeCon 2009
Gaylord Texan to Host Event on Previously Scheduled Dates
MESQUITE, Texas - June 29, 2009 - id Software and the QuakeCon organization today announced that QuakeCon 2009, the ultimate video game festival, party, and tournament, is changing venues to the Gaylord Texan, located just north of Dallas. The four-day event will occur over the previously scheduled dates of August 13 - 16, 2009. The Gaylord Hotel was the site of the two largest previous QuakeCon events in 2004 and 2005. As always, the event is FREE and open to the public thanks to the support of id Software, the QuakeCon volunteer staff, and the 2009 event sponsors and exhibitors.
"The Gaylord Texan is a perfect venue for QuakeCon and we're excited to have even more space and greater resources to deliver a bigger BYOC, better exhibitor area, and totally new events and entertainment for everyone that joins in the excitement," said Todd Hollenshead, president of id Software. "We know the magnitude of this announcement, but we haven't lost a step in planning for the biggest and best QuakeCon yet."
QuakeCon will once again feature the largest BYOC (Bring-Your-Own-Computer) LAN party in North America - with spots for 3,000 gamers to hook their systems up and play on our world-class network. Of course, it wouldn't be QuakeCon without the drama and intensity of the big-money pro tournaments, which will exclusively feature Duel and Capture the Flag competitions using id Software's new free-to-play, web-based multiplayer game QUAKE LIVE - http://www.quakelive.com.
Whether you come for the BYOC and competitions, or just stop by to get a peek at the games people will be talking about next year, QuakeCon offers non-stop fun and entertainment. The world's leading gaming and technology companies will be on hand to showcase their latest hardware and software in the exhibit hall, including exclusive looks at id Software's own anticipated games Wolfenstein and RAGE. In addition to the pro tournament prize money, more than $60,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded to lucky attendees through various contests and drawings, and every day of QuakeCon will be packed with activities, announcements and parties.
Attendees who made reservations at the Hilton Anatole Hotel will have their reservation at the Anatole automatically cancelled, and will be required to make a new reservation at the Gaylord Texan at an equal or lesser rate. id Software and The Gaylord Texan are in the process of finalizing the transition of venue, and the hotel will begin taking room reservations for QuakeCon 2009 very shortly - please continue to check http://www.quakecon.org for more information on when and how to make reservations. Pre-registering for QuakeCon 2009 is recommended for reserving a seat in the BYOC, but QuakeCon is open to the public and free for all attendees.
More exciting details and announcements about QuakeCon 2009 will follow. Visit http://www.quakecon.org to get the latest information.
Companies interested in receiving information on sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About id Software
id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, has provided technical, design and artistic leadership as a world-renowned game developer and technology innovator since its founding in 1991. id Software's iconic brands such as Wolfenstein, DOOM, QUAKE and Enemy Territory have become staples of popular culture for generations of gamers. More information on id Software can be found at http://www.idsoftware.com. id Software, Wolfenstein, DOOM, QUAKE, RAGE, Enemy Territory, and QuakeCon and related logos are registered trademarks owned by ZeniMax Media Inc.
Latest News Posts
- Amnesia creators show off the latest trailer to SOMA, arrives Sep 22
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- ASUS unveils a new super-powered gaming notebook that is watercooled
- Every single Deus Ex game can be purchased for under $7 right now
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015