ASUS to Offer Windows® 7 Upgrade to Customers Who Purchase an ASUS PC during Eligibility Period
Taipei, Taiwan, June 26, 2009 - We are pleased to announce that we will be offering the Windows® Upgrade Option Program to our users. Users who purchase a qualifying ASUS desktop PC, notebook, EeeTop PC or Eee PC during the eligibility period from June 26, 2009 through January 31, 2010 will be eligible to receive their Windows® 7 platform upgrade kits after the Windows® 7 General Availability Date.
Users will be able to upgrade from Windows Vista® Home Premium, Windows Vista® Business and Windows Vista® Ultimate to a corresponding Windows® 7 operating system (see Figure 1), while users who purchased eligible PCs and downgraded their operating systems from Windows Vista® to Windows® XP operating systems are also eligible for the upgrade program. The upgrade will be available in the languages listed in Figure 2.
"ASUS is pleased to announce that our customers worldwide who purchase qualifying ASUS products now will be able to enjoy all that Windows 7 has to offer as soon as it is available," said Tony Chen, Vice President of ASUS System Business Group. "The Windows Upgrade Option program through ASUS gives our users the advantage of buying a qualifying ASUS desktop PC, notebook, EeeTop PC or Eee PC now, with the guarantee of an upgrade to Windows 7 once it is launched. ASUS engineers have kept close pace with the development of Windows 7 right from the beginning and have made every effort to provide the best computing experience. The ASUS Windows 7 Upgrade Offer will be free in the USA, while users from other parts of the world will be able to enjoy the upgrade for a nominal shipping and handling fee."
"We are pleased with the level of collaboration between ASUS and Microsoft during the development of Windows 7," said Steve Guggenheimer, corporate vice president of the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) division at Microsoft. "With the Windows Upgrade Option Program, we can help our joint customers get a PC now and be ready to enjoy all the benefits of Windows 7 when it becomes available in October."
Windows® Upgrade Option Program Procedures
Upon the purchase of qualified ASUS products (Figure 3), users should register their PCs for the Windows® Upgrade Option Program via the official ASUS website at http://event.asus.com/2009/windows7, and make their payments (Visa / MasterCard) for any applicable handling and shipping charges incurred. Once registered, users will receive their Windows® 7 upgrade kits after the General Availability Date.
Note: The products listed in the eligibility tables above are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information on the products that are eligible for the Windows® Upgrade Option Program, please visit http://event.asus.com/2009/windows7. Terms and conditions apply.
Latest News Posts
- Sony continues to sell PS4 well, will it be best-selling console ever?
- White hat hacker shows vulnerability in GM's OnStar system
- Facebook shows off its solar-powered Aquila aircraft to the world
- US National Guard using Reaper drone to search for missing person
- The DOJ says FBI is understaffed to battle cyberattacks
- Amped Wireless TAP-EX2 AC750 Wireless Range Extender Review
- ASRock 970M Pro3. Search for BIOS setup Info.
- Win10 - Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) - Z68X-UD3-B3
- Windows 10 drivers for G1.Assassin 2 on Gigabyte site are for the wrong product
- Kingston HyperX Cloud Core Gaming Headset Review
- Dell Starts Shipping Windows 10 Devices
- Intel and Micron Produce Breakthrough Memory Technology
- Acer Announces Its Windows 10 Powered PC Line
- MSI Ships Gaming Notebooks with Windows 10
- MAINGEAR Arms Acclaimed Gaming Powerhouses with Windows 10