Edimax delivers world class wireless technology solution for the home and business environment
Introducing the WP-S1100 wireless 802.11 b/g/n HD Projector Server
Sydney, Australia - 29 June 2009, Edimax, a company dedicated to the design, development, and manufacture of leading networking solutions, is proud to unveil a dedicated home wireless entertainment projector server. No more messy cables, the Edimax WP-S1100 utilises the latest wireless technology, High Definition compatibility, security features to deliver a stunning big screen experience and ease of access to the projector or TV.
Beats competitors on advance technology features
Featuring the unique ability to play HD content, the WP-S1100 Projector server boasts an HDMI output and support Full HD 1080p and encodes a wide range of video formats including H.264. This positions the Edimax WP-S1100 well ahead of it's competitors. The WP-S1100 utilses wireless N standards ideal for wireless video streaming from the media server or PC to a home cinema, boardroom or venues that require multimedia streaming.
Advanced wireless connectivity and security
The WP-S1100 is designed for users to share a projector or a video device (monitor, TV) within the wireless network. Using the latest 802.11n wireless technology, the Edimax WP-S1100 can deliver real time XGA/XVGA video with high resolutions in 32-bit colour. The wireless transmission is protected by 64/128-bit WEP, WPA and WPA2, 802.1x and WPS (WiFi Protected Setup), with a Session Login Code to protect unauthorized access, data is safe and secure at all times.
For business users, the WP-S1100 allows users to share a single projector with up to 16 users at once, wirelessly connecting to the Internet. During a presentation, other presenters can also access the Internet via the WP-S1100 when it is connected to a wireless Internet router. The WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button also simplifies the steps to configure the encrypted wireless connection with ease for any home users that are not that tech savvy.
The WP-S1100 supports many video formats, such as MPEG1, MPEG2, MPEG4, even the latest H.264. It can also play video files stored on other computers connected to the same wireless network. In addition, it features a USB port that allows users to simply plug in their USB flash storage devices into the WP-S1100 and play their favourite content directly without the need for a media server or PC.
* Presents screen contents from a computer or media server to the projector/monitor wirelessly
* Complies with wireless 802.11b/g/n standards
* Supports Full HD 1080p
* Supports VGA and HDMI with auto-scaling video output
* Supports MPEG 1/2/4, Motion-JPEG, WMV9 and H.264 video format
* Includes Infrared Remote Control for meeting control
* Shares Internet connection while presenting
* Supports operation system: Windows XP/Vista
Product and Pricing Summary
Model: WP-S1100 wireless 802.11 b/g/n Projector Server
RRP : AU$599
Australian Distributors: Bluechip Infotech
Availability: July 2009
Download High Resolution Image
Edimax Technology is a global manufacturer of a broad range of networking and connectivity solutions. Since its foundation in 1986, the company has grown to be one of Asia's leading manufacturer of networking products and solutions. Edimax's global presence includes subsidiaries in the USA, China and Europe. The company maintains branch offices in Miami, San Jose, Beijing, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Poland, Romania and most recently, France and Russia.The complete products range consists of Wireless solutions (802.11n/802.11g), Print Server solutions, xDSL Router solutions, Ethernet Switch solutions, PoE solutions, Powerline solutions, Network Access Controllers, Load Balancer solutions, IP Camera solutions, VoIP solutions, KVM Solutions and Media Converter solutions. Edimax is headquartered in Taipei County, Taiwan, and has been a listed entity at the Taiwan Stock Exchange since 2001. In 2007, the company's revenue reached US $100 million and its current workforce count is over 900 employees worldwide. Edimax's complete product portfolio fulfils all connectivity needs, whatever the network architecture or application requirements are.
Latest News Posts
- LG uses Advanced In-Cell Touch technology for next-gen laptop screens
- GIGABYTE Z170 motherboards teased, with a super-hot new look
- Samsung pushes the SSD game with 2TB 850 Evo and 850 Pro additions
- Microsoft will put the finishing touches on Windows 10 this week
- Japan accepts recently issued giant robot challenge from US company
- ICY DOCK Black Vortex MB174U3S-4SB USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- C2750D4I: EFI firmware bug?
- ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Custom Bios (ASRock X99 Extreme6 3.1 ?
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- GELID Announces Polar 1U Low-profile CPU Cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Transcend Announces StoreJet 35T3 8TB USB 3.0 External HDD
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC