Samsung and RADVISION Develop HD Video Conference Multimedia LCD Monitor
RADVISION and Samsung Electronics America, a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Corporation, today unveiled the VC240, their first product on the market to integrate all the components required for high definition desktop video conferencing into a single unit at an affordable price. The VC240 can operate as a standalone desktop HD video conferencing device and as a 24 inch high resolution monitor.
"Samsung is well-positioned in the future of telepresence and digital convergence, and this partnership with RADVISION brings to market a unique solution with the ability to scale," says J.H. Kim, President of Samsung Electronics America, Information Technology Division. "The VC240 highlights our ability to provide superior display technology for any current or future display application."
Ideal for conference rooms and businesses who want to conduct in-person meetings without the complexities associated with travel, the VC240 is an all in one video conferencing solution. A Video and Voice over Internet Protocols (V2oIP) enabled network monitor, it is fully compatible with other VoIP systems including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) based Multipoint Control Units (MCUs) and Unified Communications (MS). It can also function as a one to multipoint video conference with its built-in VoIP module.
"The VC240 breaks down barriers in the desktop market by allowing users to enjoy all the benefits of the high definition video communications experience at a fraction of the cost of existing hardware desktop solutions," says Boaz Raviv, CEO of RADVISION. "With the introduction of this product Samsung and RADVISION are literally changing the playing field by enabling wide scale deployment of HD video on the desktop. We are honored to partner with the world's leading expert in LCD technology and together we will bring the market a new level of desktop video communications."
New Network Technology
Leveraging Samsung's renown front-of-screen performance, the VC240 also incorporates H.264 codec and a 5 megapixel camera and noise-cancelling microphones. The VC240 provides excellent video compression and high resolution images. Special video and voice functions enhance the user experience in a video conference environment, including adaptive jitter buffer, lip synchronization, acoustic echo cancellation and voice activation detection while a 5ms response rate assures users of motion clarity with reduced blurring. A 1000:1 contrast ratio reduces eye fatigue and provides sharper text, deeper shadows and brighter colors.
The VC240 is fully interoperable with RADVISION's SCOPIA line of products and complements RADVISION's other desktop video solutions. It will also offer RADVISION's latest advanced video features including SVC (Scalable Video Coding) and Forward Error Correction features ensuring the highest quality possible.
The VC240 also supports a rage of video and audio inputs, including DVI-I and VGA component connections.
Pricing and Availability
The VC240 will be available this Fall with a suggested price of $1,999 through Samsung Resellers and distribution channels, which can be located by calling 1-866-SAM-4BIZ. Samsung Power Partners receive special promotions, lead referrals, training and technical support, as well as collateral and marketing materials. To find out more about becoming a Samsung Power Partner, visit http://www.samsungP3.com.
Samsung will demonstrate the VC240 from June 17 - 19 in booth #4461, Hall B.
Latest News Posts
- LG is investing billions of dollars into OLED production
- Sony is working on a Remote Play app for Windows and OS X
- Acer Predator gaming notebooks feature i7-6700HQ, 980M, 4K, G-SYNC
- AMD says price drop on their GPUs isn't their doing
- Multiple Instagram accounts now supported on Android
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- ID-Cooling Frostflow 240L CPU Liquid Cooler Review
- Lexar JumpDrive M20i 32GB OTG iOS Flash Drive Review
- Gibabyte GA-Z170X- Gaming 7 Supported RAM (2 x16Gb or 4 x 8GB) ?
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis
- Eurocom offers $500 USD off Black Friday & Cyber Monday deal for EUROCOM Sky X9 Desktop Laptop with Intel Skylake desktop class CPUs and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Desktop GPU and 64 GB DDR4 memory
- MSI @ DREAMHACK WINTER 2015
- ADATA Releases the Lightning Card Reader