Samsung and RADVISION Develop HD Video Conference Multimedia LCD Monitor
RADVISION and Samsung Electronics America, a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Corporation, today unveiled the VC240, their first product on the market to integrate all the components required for high definition desktop video conferencing into a single unit at an affordable price. The VC240 can operate as a standalone desktop HD video conferencing device and as a 24 inch high resolution monitor.
"Samsung is well-positioned in the future of telepresence and digital convergence, and this partnership with RADVISION brings to market a unique solution with the ability to scale," says J.H. Kim, President of Samsung Electronics America, Information Technology Division. "The VC240 highlights our ability to provide superior display technology for any current or future display application."
Ideal for conference rooms and businesses who want to conduct in-person meetings without the complexities associated with travel, the VC240 is an all in one video conferencing solution. A Video and Voice over Internet Protocols (V2oIP) enabled network monitor, it is fully compatible with other VoIP systems including Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) based Multipoint Control Units (MCUs) and Unified Communications (MS). It can also function as a one to multipoint video conference with its built-in VoIP module.
"The VC240 breaks down barriers in the desktop market by allowing users to enjoy all the benefits of the high definition video communications experience at a fraction of the cost of existing hardware desktop solutions," says Boaz Raviv, CEO of RADVISION. "With the introduction of this product Samsung and RADVISION are literally changing the playing field by enabling wide scale deployment of HD video on the desktop. We are honored to partner with the world's leading expert in LCD technology and together we will bring the market a new level of desktop video communications."
New Network Technology
Leveraging Samsung's renown front-of-screen performance, the VC240 also incorporates H.264 codec and a 5 megapixel camera and noise-cancelling microphones. The VC240 provides excellent video compression and high resolution images. Special video and voice functions enhance the user experience in a video conference environment, including adaptive jitter buffer, lip synchronization, acoustic echo cancellation and voice activation detection while a 5ms response rate assures users of motion clarity with reduced blurring. A 1000:1 contrast ratio reduces eye fatigue and provides sharper text, deeper shadows and brighter colors.
The VC240 is fully interoperable with RADVISION's SCOPIA line of products and complements RADVISION's other desktop video solutions. It will also offer RADVISION's latest advanced video features including SVC (Scalable Video Coding) and Forward Error Correction features ensuring the highest quality possible.
The VC240 also supports a rage of video and audio inputs, including DVI-I and VGA component connections.
Pricing and Availability
The VC240 will be available this Fall with a suggested price of $1,999 through Samsung Resellers and distribution channels, which can be located by calling 1-866-SAM-4BIZ. Samsung Power Partners receive special promotions, lead referrals, training and technical support, as well as collateral and marketing materials. To find out more about becoming a Samsung Power Partner, visit http://www.samsungP3.com.
Samsung will demonstrate the VC240 from June 17 - 19 in booth #4461, Hall B.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- ASUS unveils a new super-powered gaming notebook that is watercooled
- Every single Deus Ex game can be purchased for under $7 right now
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015