Say Hello to Vid: Logitech Introduces Simpler, Streamlined Video Calling
Video calls have always offered the promise of strengthening the connection between you and your distant friends and family. But for many, getting the software and hardware to work has been a challenge. If you've been waiting for a simpler way to make a video call, Logitech Vid is the answer - the free, fast and easy way to make true-to-life video calls with your Logitech webcam on a PC or Mac computer.
A pioneer in the development of webcams and video calling, Logitech dramatically simplifies video calling with Vid by offering a streamlined setup and a simple, intuitive interface dedicated to video calling. In fact, you can set up Vid in fewer than half the steps required by the major instant-messaging programs. Vid is available for download here.
Vid can also make it easy to see your loved ones in lifelike colours. From the sparkle in your daughter's engagement ring to the smile on your grandson's face, Vid optimizes the speed and resolution of your video call, so you're always getting the best-possible frame rate and resolution for your webcam.
"Video calling has been around for more than a decade, but Vid truly has the potential to make video calling one of the primary ways that people stay in touch with their loved ones," said Gina Clark, general manager and vice president of Logitech's Internet Communications business unit. "Vid gives you the best of both worlds - eliminating the biggest obstacles to making video calls, while still providing the exceptional-quality audio and video that you expect from Logitech. Above all, you don't need to be tech-savvy to use Vid."
Logitech research revealed that the overwhelming reason why many people do not make video calls is that they are frustrated by complex software. Unlike video calling through IM or VoIP programs, Vid was designed exclusively for video calling. Powered by the Logitech SightSpeed Network, Vid is a reliable source for high-quality video calling.
Sets Up With Webcam
Vid is set up automatically when you plug in your Logitech webcam. A few clicks and you're ready to go. There are no screen names. And there's no third-party software to download. When you're ready to make a video call, Vid uses your friend or family member's e-mail address to connect. Your friend simply accepts your e-mail invitation to participate in a video call on Vid, and you're both connected and ready to chat.
Simple, Intuitive Interface
Unlike other free software that offers video calling as another hard-to-find feature in a long list of features, Vid presents a simple, intuitive interface in which every element is designed to help you make a video call. You can make a call in just a few simple steps. Each one of your contacts is represented by a thumbnail picture. You simply click the picture of the person you want to contact, and Vid starts your video call.
Vid is free with your Logitech webcam - and for anyone you're calling. There are no added charges. If you don't have a Logitech webcam, you can still use Vid if a friend or family member invites you. (If you're invited by a friend or family member that has installed Vid, but doesn't have a Logitech webcam, you'll get Vid free for 30 days. At the end of the 30-day period, you can use Vid with the purchase of a Logitech webcam.)
Vid is compatible with PC and Mac computers, as well as stand-alone and embedded webcams.
Pricing and Availability
Logitech Vid is available for download at http://www.logitech.com/Vid and is free for anyone with a Logitech webcam or anyone who is invited by a Logitech webcam owner.
Latest News Posts
- AMD claims its new A-Series APU will boost your gaming experience
- Google anticipates next billion smartphones sold in just six countries
- One year later, Sally Beauty suffers another data breach
- Innodisk shows off world's fastest Intel Atom server RAM
- Making sense of Taylor Swift's decision to pull music from Spotify
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- 970 Extreme 4 - Load Line Calibration, Does not work properly.
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- EUROCOM P7 Pro Mobile Workstation supports a full line of MXM 3.0b NVIDIA Quadro K5100M, K3100M and K1100M professional graphics and Intel Core i7-4700 Desktop Processor Series
- More Performance, Features, and Value: New AMD A-Series Desktop Processors Deliver Best-In-Class Experience for eSports and Online Gaming
- ADATA Teases its Computex 2015 Unveiling
- Logic Supply Previews its Upcoming ML600 Series Fanless PC
- Introducing the The NanoXia Project