Noctua Presents Quiet CPU Cooler for Xeon 5500
Noctua today presented two new additions to its DX series of quiet Intel Xeon CPU coolers: Now compatible with Intel's latest LGA1366 based Xeon 5500 (Nehalem EP) processors, the new NH-U12DX 1366 and NH-U9DX 1366 are true drop-in replacements for standard Intel coolers and make it easier than ever before to significantly reduce the noise emission of high-end workstations and severs.
"Our industry clients who build quiet servers and workstations swear by our DX series of Intel Xeon coolers for applications which require both high processing power and low noise emission", says Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO. "The new Nehalem EP processors certainly provide an impressive boost in performance, but especially the faster models also require high-quality heatsinks in order to be cooled quietly. That's where our new DX 1366 coolers come in."
Based on Noctua's signature NH-U series and fitted with the award-winning NF-P12 and NF-B9 fans, the new NH-U12DX 1366 and NH-U9DX 1366 form complete premium quality packages that include Noctua's renowned NT-H1 thermal compound and guarantee outstanding quiet cooling performance for Intel's LGA1366 Xeon 5500 CPUs. While the larger NH-U12DX 1366 is ideal for quiet audio, video, CAD or rendering workstations, the smaller NH-U9DX 1366 fits standard 4U chassis and thus lends itself to special server applications.
Both models employ the new SecuFirm2 mounting system for Xeon 5500, which ensures maximum convenience and extremely short installation time, making them ideal both for professional system integrators and less tech-savvy workstation users seeking to quiet their systems.
Prices and availability
Both models are available immediately at recommended retail prices of EUR 56.90 / USD 64.90 (NH-U12DX 1366) and EUR 46.90 / USD 54.90 (NH-U9XDX 1366).
Latest News Posts
- First Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare trailer now live
- Without the reconstruction tech, Quantum Break looks incredible at 4K
- Forza Motorsport 6: Apex requires 16GB RAM for gaming at 4K 60FPS
- Quantum Break's new PC patch fixes lots, weighs a huge 27GB
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Creative Sound Blaster Roar Pro Bluetooth Portable Speaker Review
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched