Noctua Presents Quiet CPU Cooler for Xeon 5500
Noctua today presented two new additions to its DX series of quiet Intel Xeon CPU coolers: Now compatible with Intel's latest LGA1366 based Xeon 5500 (Nehalem EP) processors, the new NH-U12DX 1366 and NH-U9DX 1366 are true drop-in replacements for standard Intel coolers and make it easier than ever before to significantly reduce the noise emission of high-end workstations and severs.
"Our industry clients who build quiet servers and workstations swear by our DX series of Intel Xeon coolers for applications which require both high processing power and low noise emission", says Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO. "The new Nehalem EP processors certainly provide an impressive boost in performance, but especially the faster models also require high-quality heatsinks in order to be cooled quietly. That's where our new DX 1366 coolers come in."
Based on Noctua's signature NH-U series and fitted with the award-winning NF-P12 and NF-B9 fans, the new NH-U12DX 1366 and NH-U9DX 1366 form complete premium quality packages that include Noctua's renowned NT-H1 thermal compound and guarantee outstanding quiet cooling performance for Intel's LGA1366 Xeon 5500 CPUs. While the larger NH-U12DX 1366 is ideal for quiet audio, video, CAD or rendering workstations, the smaller NH-U9DX 1366 fits standard 4U chassis and thus lends itself to special server applications.
Both models employ the new SecuFirm2 mounting system for Xeon 5500, which ensures maximum convenience and extremely short installation time, making them ideal both for professional system integrators and less tech-savvy workstation users seeking to quiet their systems.
Prices and availability
Both models are available immediately at recommended retail prices of EUR 56.90 / USD 64.90 (NH-U12DX 1366) and EUR 46.90 / USD 54.90 (NH-U9XDX 1366).
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE's Aorus brand is ready for next-gen GPUs
- Survive the 'Inferno' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Samsung's inquiry blames batteries for the Note7 fiasco?
- Nioh is finalized and ready for production
- Halo 6 might be finished as Project Scorpio launch game
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99