Noctua Presents Quiet CPU Cooler for Xeon 5500
Noctua today presented two new additions to its DX series of quiet Intel Xeon CPU coolers: Now compatible with Intel's latest LGA1366 based Xeon 5500 (Nehalem EP) processors, the new NH-U12DX 1366 and NH-U9DX 1366 are true drop-in replacements for standard Intel coolers and make it easier than ever before to significantly reduce the noise emission of high-end workstations and severs.
"Our industry clients who build quiet servers and workstations swear by our DX series of Intel Xeon coolers for applications which require both high processing power and low noise emission", says Mag. Roland Mossig, Noctua CEO. "The new Nehalem EP processors certainly provide an impressive boost in performance, but especially the faster models also require high-quality heatsinks in order to be cooled quietly. That's where our new DX 1366 coolers come in."
Based on Noctua's signature NH-U series and fitted with the award-winning NF-P12 and NF-B9 fans, the new NH-U12DX 1366 and NH-U9DX 1366 form complete premium quality packages that include Noctua's renowned NT-H1 thermal compound and guarantee outstanding quiet cooling performance for Intel's LGA1366 Xeon 5500 CPUs. While the larger NH-U12DX 1366 is ideal for quiet audio, video, CAD or rendering workstations, the smaller NH-U9DX 1366 fits standard 4U chassis and thus lends itself to special server applications.
Both models employ the new SecuFirm2 mounting system for Xeon 5500, which ensures maximum convenience and extremely short installation time, making them ideal both for professional system integrators and less tech-savvy workstation users seeking to quiet their systems.
Prices and availability
Both models are available immediately at recommended retail prices of EUR 56.90 / USD 64.90 (NH-U12DX 1366) and EUR 46.90 / USD 54.90 (NH-U9XDX 1366).
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 has unlocked frame rate on PC
- Kojima Productions' opening title sequence is weird, but awesome
- When 'Supergirl' flies to Blu-ray, you can win Season One on us!
- Lost 'Star Trek: Original Series' 35mm footage located, Blu-ray coming
- Xbox One 500GB price cut to $249 ahead of Xbox One S launch
- AMD Positioning Itself to Become a Commanding Force in Rendering
- GA-EX58-UD5 New Bios Ver. F14
- SanDisk iXpand Memory Case and Battery for iPhone Review
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 + GTX 550 Ti
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Polaris Nitro-charged - introducing the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 480
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio