ASUS Introduces TS700-E6 and TS500-E6 Servers and Workstations
ASUS, the leading producer of servers and workstations, recently announced the availability of its latest 5U pedestal and rack-mountable servers and workstations-the ASUS TS700-E6/RS8 and TS500-E6/PS4. Both are based on Dual and Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor 5500 series platforms with DDR3 memory and PCIe 2.0 support. They also feature additional expansion slots which can also be used for a dedicated graphics card, a MIO network card and other expansion options for personal workstation use-providing customers with high flexibility, reliability, storage capacity and expandability.
Space-saving and Advanced System Architecture with Versatile Expandability
Both pedestal and rack-mountable for, the ASUS TS700-E6/RS8 and TS500-E6/PS4 support the latest Intel Xeon Processor 5500 series with Intel Core Microarchitecture Platform for awe-inspiring performance and faster processing speeds. The ASUS TS700-E6/RS8 features 12 DIMM slots that support up to 96GB (RDIMM) DDR3 memory, while the ASUS TS500-E6/PS4 features 6 DIMM slots that support up to 48GB (RDIMM) DDR3 memory. Both systems are designed to cope with the demands of processor-intensive applications, as well as extensive multitasking. The use of DDR3 memory enables a significantly higher processing speed and lower power consumption.
What differentiates these two systems from mainstream rack servers is the expandability that they provide to the user. The ASUS TS700-E6/RS8 features 6 expansion slots. In workstation mode, it hosts one PCI-E x16 (x16 link), two PCI-E x16 (x8 link) and two PCI-X 100/133MHz slots. In server mode, it offers four PCI-E x16 (x8 link) and two PCI-X 100/133MHz slots. Flex-E technology transforms the ASUS TS700-E6/RS8 into a dual-purpose server. With a PCI Express x16 (x16 link) slot that automatically switches to a x8 link in the event that its PCI Express x8 (x8 link) on slot five is occupied, the ASUS TS700-E6/RS8 allows users to enjoy ease-of-use when switching between server and workstation modes.
The ASUS TS500-E6/PS4 features one PCI-E x16 (x16 link) that supports professional graphics cards, two PCI-E x8 (x4 link) slots and one PCI 32-bit/33MHz slot for uncompromised versatility and performance.
VGA and MIO Card Support for Workstation Use
With a built-in PCI-E x16 (x16 link) expansion slot, the ASUS TS700-E6/RS8 and TS500-E6/PS4 are capable of supporting professional graphics cards for workstation use; while the optional MIO audio card offers excellent sound quality to complement the robust graphics power for workstation users-offering an enhanced signal-to-noise ratio and 7.1 virtual surround for the most exhilarating surround sound in professional and entertainment applications.
Real-time and Out-of-band Server Management
The optional ASMB4-iKVM module offers real-time web-based management and remote system control (KVM-over-IP) over the system from any local computer anywhere, anytime.
Immense Storage Capacity with Highly Efficient Power Supply
The ASUS TS700-E6/RS8 is ideal for enterprise-level applications due to its high performance and huge storage capacity. It supports eight SAS/SATA hard disk drives (HDD) to provide users with unprecedented storage capabilities, and the hot-swap design allows HDD replacement without incurring any downtime. A 620W 1+1 redundant power supply delivers reliable, non-stop operation. It is the perfect server for businesses that require a highly dependable system which provides massive storage and unshakable reliability for critical business operations.
Latest News Posts
- Console gamers can scale The Division's visuals to boost frame rates
- Mad Catz CEO & Chairman resign after poor quarterly results
- Metal Gear Online getting a new expansion 'Cloaked in Silence'
- World of Tanks update 9,14 is gonna be big, plenty of bang to it
- Amazon's new games engine is powerful, flexible, and totally free
- Cougar 450M Ambidextrous Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance