Active Media Products Launches Penguin USB Flash Drive
Lead- and PVC-Free Silicone Rubber USB Drive Benefits World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
Fremont, California - June 10, 2009 - Active Media Products (AMP) today announced a new WWF Penguin USB flash drive. Under its licensing agreement with World Wildlife Fund (WWF) AMP develops and sells a series of portable USB flash drives in the likeness of endangered species, and contributes five percent of the retail price of this product line to WWF.
AMP's second product in this series benefitting WWF is a rubber USB flash drive bearing the likeness of an emperor penguin, but measuring just two and a quarter inches in height. The Penguin drive, like the WWF Panda drive introduced in May, is made of PVC-free non-toxic silicone. The drive is also free of lead and mercury -- poisonous metals used in other USB drives. The Penguin drive is offered in capacities up to 16GB.
Part Number Description
R2G-PENGUIN-W 2GB WWF Penguin USB Drive
R4G-PENGUIN-W 4GB WWF Penguin USB Drive
R8G-PENGUIN-W 8GB WWF Penguin USB Drive
R16G-PENGUIN-W 16GB WWF Penguin USB Drive
Portable Storage with Character
"The Penguin drive is a unique product that merges form and function to make an excellent storage device. It's a portable flash drive with character", stated Jerry Thomson, vice president of marketing at Active Media Products. Mr. Thomson added, "Our contribution to WWF helps preserve the diversity and abundance of life on Earth, which is something we feel really good about." Active Media Products donates 5% of the retail price of this merchandise to WWF, with a minimum annual contribution of $25,000.
Both Penguin and Panda drives are available immediately from Amazon and other retailers in the US. The 8GB Penguin drive retails for around $26.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. We envision unique new mobile storage devices that are vastly more interesting than traditional storage bricks, and we apply our product design and engineering talents to developing exciting new storage products. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to launch new ideas into the market a step ahead of the competition. AMP strives toward sustainable manufacturing.
About World Wildlife Fund
WWF is the world's leading conservation organization, working in 100 countries for nearly half a century. With the support of almost 5 million members worldwide, WWF is dedicated to delivering science-based solutions to preserve the diversity and abundance of life on Earth, halt the degradation of the environment and combat climate change. Visit http://www.worldwildlife.org to learn more.
Latest News Posts
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017