Active Media Products Launches Penguin USB Flash Drive
Lead- and PVC-Free Silicone Rubber USB Drive Benefits World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
Fremont, California - June 10, 2009 - Active Media Products (AMP) today announced a new WWF Penguin USB flash drive. Under its licensing agreement with World Wildlife Fund (WWF) AMP develops and sells a series of portable USB flash drives in the likeness of endangered species, and contributes five percent of the retail price of this product line to WWF.
AMP's second product in this series benefitting WWF is a rubber USB flash drive bearing the likeness of an emperor penguin, but measuring just two and a quarter inches in height. The Penguin drive, like the WWF Panda drive introduced in May, is made of PVC-free non-toxic silicone. The drive is also free of lead and mercury -- poisonous metals used in other USB drives. The Penguin drive is offered in capacities up to 16GB.
Part Number Description
R2G-PENGUIN-W 2GB WWF Penguin USB Drive
R4G-PENGUIN-W 4GB WWF Penguin USB Drive
R8G-PENGUIN-W 8GB WWF Penguin USB Drive
R16G-PENGUIN-W 16GB WWF Penguin USB Drive
Portable Storage with Character
"The Penguin drive is a unique product that merges form and function to make an excellent storage device. It's a portable flash drive with character", stated Jerry Thomson, vice president of marketing at Active Media Products. Mr. Thomson added, "Our contribution to WWF helps preserve the diversity and abundance of life on Earth, which is something we feel really good about." Active Media Products donates 5% of the retail price of this merchandise to WWF, with a minimum annual contribution of $25,000.
Both Penguin and Panda drives are available immediately from Amazon and other retailers in the US. The 8GB Penguin drive retails for around $26.
About Active Media Products
Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, Active Media Products LLC is dedicated to developing creative new media products that improve performance and enhance the user's experience. We envision unique new mobile storage devices that are vastly more interesting than traditional storage bricks, and we apply our product design and engineering talents to developing exciting new storage products. Our focus on innovative product development enables us to launch new ideas into the market a step ahead of the competition. AMP strives toward sustainable manufacturing.
About World Wildlife Fund
WWF is the world's leading conservation organization, working in 100 countries for nearly half a century. With the support of almost 5 million members worldwide, WWF is dedicated to delivering science-based solutions to preserve the diversity and abundance of life on Earth, halt the degradation of the environment and combat climate change. Visit http://www.worldwildlife.org to learn more.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- The Rock and Apple announce a movie co-starring...Siri?!
- A view from space: How Tesla Gigafactory grew in a year
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4