AMD Welcomes GLOBALFOUNDRIES' Commitment to Build Industry-Leading Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in Upstate New York
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES fulfills AMD vision from 2006 to build $4.2 billion semiconductor manufacturing facility and create more than 6,400 new direct and indirect jobs -
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- June 9, 2009 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) today expressed support for the formal commitment by GLOBALFOUNDRIES to the State of New York for the construction of the Fab 2 project at the Luther Forest Technology Campus (LFTC). Once completed, the project is expected to create more than 6,400 direct and indirect jobs in the region. The project represents the largest public-private sector industrial investment in New York State history and upon completion will be the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facility in the world.
"AMD decided in 2006 to bring a state-of-the-art semiconductor manufacturing facility to upstate New York because we knew that the region is an ideal location to produce the most advanced semiconductor products," said Dirk Meyer, president and CEO, AMD. "Today's formal commitment by our joint venture GLOBALFOUNDRIES fulfills AMD's vision. We look forward to the creation of thousands of new jobs in the United States as a result of the culmination of a vision that we have shared with the people of New York."
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a semiconductor manufacturing company by a joint venture between AMD and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC) on March 2, 2009.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4GHz, 1800X performance for $329
- NVIDIA has 70.5% GPU market share, AMD has 29.5%
- AMD Radeon RX 580 benchmarks leaked, is this Vega?
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications