AMD Welcomes GLOBALFOUNDRIES' Commitment to Build Industry-Leading Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in Upstate New York
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES fulfills AMD vision from 2006 to build $4.2 billion semiconductor manufacturing facility and create more than 6,400 new direct and indirect jobs -
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- June 9, 2009 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) today expressed support for the formal commitment by GLOBALFOUNDRIES to the State of New York for the construction of the Fab 2 project at the Luther Forest Technology Campus (LFTC). Once completed, the project is expected to create more than 6,400 direct and indirect jobs in the region. The project represents the largest public-private sector industrial investment in New York State history and upon completion will be the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facility in the world.
"AMD decided in 2006 to bring a state-of-the-art semiconductor manufacturing facility to upstate New York because we knew that the region is an ideal location to produce the most advanced semiconductor products," said Dirk Meyer, president and CEO, AMD. "Today's formal commitment by our joint venture GLOBALFOUNDRIES fulfills AMD's vision. We look forward to the creation of thousands of new jobs in the United States as a result of the culmination of a vision that we have shared with the people of New York."
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a semiconductor manufacturing company by a joint venture between AMD and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC) on March 2, 2009.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Daimler using Baidu technology to help offer more connected functions
- Officials say social networking, hookup apps leading to spike in STDs
- Apple rumored to have 10nm processors being tested over at TSMC
- Wii U can't handle Project Cars at 720p 30FPS, waiting for Nintendo NX
- The Rock breaks surprise world record on 'San Andreas' publicity trail
- I am the new one
- If you've ever been a noob that was getting into his first battleground and soon realized that you were overmatched by some over the top powerful
- Team Group Vulcan DDR4-3000 16GB Quad-Channel Memory Kit Review
- YUMI USB Stick doesnt´t boot correctly on H81M-HDS
- Asrock X99 Extreme4 activating VT-d not recognized in windows 8.1
- Sharkoon Announces External USB 3.1 Hard Drive Case
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications