AMD Welcomes GLOBALFOUNDRIES' Commitment to Build Industry-Leading Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in Upstate New York
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES fulfills AMD vision from 2006 to build $4.2 billion semiconductor manufacturing facility and create more than 6,400 new direct and indirect jobs -
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- June 9, 2009 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) today expressed support for the formal commitment by GLOBALFOUNDRIES to the State of New York for the construction of the Fab 2 project at the Luther Forest Technology Campus (LFTC). Once completed, the project is expected to create more than 6,400 direct and indirect jobs in the region. The project represents the largest public-private sector industrial investment in New York State history and upon completion will be the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facility in the world.
"AMD decided in 2006 to bring a state-of-the-art semiconductor manufacturing facility to upstate New York because we knew that the region is an ideal location to produce the most advanced semiconductor products," said Dirk Meyer, president and CEO, AMD. "Today's formal commitment by our joint venture GLOBALFOUNDRIES fulfills AMD's vision. We look forward to the creation of thousands of new jobs in the United States as a result of the culmination of a vision that we have shared with the people of New York."
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a semiconductor manufacturing company by a joint venture between AMD and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC) on March 2, 2009.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Julian Assange won't be given asylum in France
- Free Course! Learn Essential Programming Skills for Entrepreneurs
- Star Wars: Battlefront screenshots in 4K look absolutely incredible
- Stealing keys through the help of 3D printing is a possibility
- Sharkoon offers a mouse and bungee with USB hub for under $55
- Define S 47 [Buildlog 03.07.2015]
- Power loss - Event 41 Kernel Power
- ASRock Beebox (N3000) Fanless Small Form Factor PC Review
- AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Video Cards in CrossFire
- Akitio Thunder2 Quad Mini External Storage Enclosure Review
- Sharkoon Gamer Mouse with Bungee Hub - MSRP 47.99 Euros
- SMITE on Xbox One will have Australian Servers with Open Beta launch next Week
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors