AMD Welcomes GLOBALFOUNDRIES' Commitment to Build Industry-Leading Semiconductor Manufacturing Facility in Upstate New York
- GLOBALFOUNDRIES fulfills AMD vision from 2006 to build $4.2 billion semiconductor manufacturing facility and create more than 6,400 new direct and indirect jobs -
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- June 9, 2009 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) today expressed support for the formal commitment by GLOBALFOUNDRIES to the State of New York for the construction of the Fab 2 project at the Luther Forest Technology Campus (LFTC). Once completed, the project is expected to create more than 6,400 direct and indirect jobs in the region. The project represents the largest public-private sector industrial investment in New York State history and upon completion will be the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facility in the world.
"AMD decided in 2006 to bring a state-of-the-art semiconductor manufacturing facility to upstate New York because we knew that the region is an ideal location to produce the most advanced semiconductor products," said Dirk Meyer, president and CEO, AMD. "Today's formal commitment by our joint venture GLOBALFOUNDRIES fulfills AMD's vision. We look forward to the creation of thousands of new jobs in the United States as a result of the culmination of a vision that we have shared with the people of New York."
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a semiconductor manufacturing company by a joint venture between AMD and the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC) on March 2, 2009.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's upcoming 21.5-inch iMac should feature a 4K display
- ASUS unveils a new super-powered gaming notebook that is watercooled
- Every single Deus Ex game can be purchased for under $7 right now
- Forza Motorsport 6 launch trailer is here, 1080p 60FPS on the Xbox One
- 6S Marketing hopes Apple names new phone the iPhone 7, not iPhone 6s
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- Seagate Game Drive 2TB Xbox STEA2000403 Add-on Storage Device Review
- How can you find updated drivers like people post to this site all the time?
- Are these the same?
- Really Need help with Asmedia SATA Bios/Drivers settings
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015