LaCie Announces LaCinema Classic Bridge, Create Your Own Media Player
LaCie announced an economic way to add media player functionality to existing storage devices. LaCinema Classic Bridge enables users to leverage the investments already made on internal and external storage solutions, and turn them into dynamic multimedia devices. Simply connect the Classic Bridge to a desired TV, add a storage device, and play libraries of movies, music, and photos in flawless 1080p HD resolution.
The attractive and compact LaCinema Classic Bridge fits seamlessly into entertainment centers, and enables two options for adding storage. Option one allows users to connect an external USB drive to the front of the device for easy access to their multimedia content. Option two allows users to easily insert an internal hard disk directly into the device for a clean, fully integrated set-up, just like the LaCinema Classic. Users may also choose to implement both options for expanded capacity.
"There is no question the need for digital storage has become essential in the home. However, most storage solutions do not offer users an easy way to interface with their valued content," said Patrick Salin, Multimedia Business Unit Manager, LaCie. "Now, with the LaCinema Classic Bridge, users can take their storage solutions and transform them into fully-functional multimedia players, allowing them to conveniently browse and play content from within their entertainment set-up, without thinking twice."
With the help of an easy-to-use remote control and intuitive navigation menu, users can easily browse a centralized media library to select and play their favorite media. Content can be viewed by file category through a simple graphic selection, or users may view all multimedia by clicking the folder icon.
Built with the same features and functionality as the LaCinema Classic, the LaCinema Bridge works with numerous video, music, and photo formats, including MPEG4, MP3 and JPEG as well as HD-JPEG for superior viewing of images over HDMI output. An HDMI cable is included.
LaCinema Classic Bridge is DivX-certified so customers can watch DivX transcoded videos with high quality and resolution. For users seeking optimal performance, LaCie has posted a complete listing of recommended HDDs, lacie.com.
LaCinema Classic Bridge is available now and retails for $99. LaCie products are available through the LaCie Online Store or LaCie Resellers. For more information, visit lacie.com.
Latest News Posts
- IDC: Wearables market to reach 45.7 million shipped in 2015
- One interesting marketing video - MSI shows you how to build a PC
- Fitbit not intimidated by upcoming Apple Watch smartwatch launch
- ESL brags 8.78 million unique viewers on Twitch.TV over Katowice event
- Computer coding class takes off at infamous San Quentin prison
- booting from SM951
- GIGABYTE BRIX BXi7H-5500 Ultra Compact Mini PC Review
- P8Z77-V deluxe stopping at Hex 62
- (LAN) Z68 extreme3 Gen3
- Asrock n68c-s UCC RAM problem
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi