SILICON POWER Armor A10 Ultra Rugged Portable Drive: Built Like No Other
Taipei, Taiwan) Following their SSD success, Silicon Power announces the release of portable hard disk drives to further boost their already potent product lineup. Though SSDs seem destined to replace HDDs in the future, current SSD pricing makes them slightly out of reach when compared with traditional hard drives. Thus, Silicon Power releases their first traditional HDD in the form of the USB interface Armor A10.
As traditional HDDs are made up of delicate moving parts and are prone to damage from accidental shock and vibration. Considering this, Silicon Power's Armor A10 is built specifically to withstand shock and vibration. Tested in compliance with stringent US military MIL-STD-810F (transit drop test), tests include (1) free fall drop directly onto concrete or hard surfaces; (2) specific height free fall test (122cm); (3) product's 8 corners, 12 sides and 6 surfaces all must pass free fall tests. Silicon Power's Armor A10 has passed all the tests mentioned above and offers users a greater peace of mind when it comes to data security.
In addition to its shock and vibration proof characteristics, Armor A10's external casing is covered in shock absorbent silica gel to increase friction, prevent falling from slippery surfaces. Two sides have saw wave shape grips for users to better hold the drive.
Armor A10 is compatible with USB 2.0 specifications with a maximum transfer rate rated at 480Mb per second and is backwards compatible with USB 1.1. Practicality wise, there is a one-touch backup button, LED status light indicating power / transfer statuses, password security from preloaded software and a 60-day Norton Antivirus trial software. Silicon Power's Armor A10 is designed to prevent data and the drive itself from damage, offering users the complete protection!
Available in two tones, mixtures of yellow and black, Silicon Power's Armor A10 is suited for students (bright yellow with black trim) and professionals (elegant black with yellow trim) alike.
-Install easily and easily to plug and play
-High capacity with high transferring rate, 480Mbit/ sec
-To protect against data loss or damage from accidental slips or falls, the A10 meets the U.S. military drop-test standards MIL-STD-810F (transit drop test) with advanced two-stage anti-shock technology. Users can use and carry it very safely
-LED indicates power on and data access
-One touch quick backup button
-Additional pack:USB2.0 Flash drive includes OTB (Backup& Security application), and -Norton Anti Virus (trial version)
-Dimensions:136.0 x 82.5 x 19.8mm
-Standard Compliance:USB 2.0 / 1.1
-Data Transfer Rates:Max. 480 Mbps (USB 2.0 Mode)
Max. 12 Mbps (USB 1.1 Mode)
-Connector Type:USB Series A
-Supported Operating Systems:Windows Vista, Win XP, Windows 2000, Mac OS 9.0.4 or later
About Silicon Power
Silicon Power Computer & Communications Inc., founded by a group of specialists with more than 20 years experience in the field of international trading, global marketing, technical know-how of flash data storage products, is the world's leading manufacturer of flash memory cards, USB flash drives, DRAMS, and card readers. We are also the initiator to offer Lifetime Warranty service both for the Flash Memory Card series and USB Flash Drive products. At the heart of Silicon Power, it exists a strong atmosphere of "Sharing, Caring, and of being Trustworthy." These are our finest commitments at the core. Recognized and supported in over 90 countries, Silicon Power provides fast, international lifetime service and superior products. Silicon Power makes a remarkable and successful achievement in the global community. The company is headquartered in Taipei and has established branches worldwide including the Netherlands and Japan.
Latest News Posts
- SpaceX will be able to launch US national security payloads into orbit
- Phanteks adds Titanium Green to its Enthoo Pro line of cases
- Microsoft opens up Cortana for Google Android, Apple iOS devices
- Not looking forward to standardized testing? DDoS the school instead
- SOUL Electronics unveils Pulse, new wraparound earbuds
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- Board damaged by power supply?
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler Review
- CoolIT Systems Successfully Deploys Liquid-Cooled Solution to Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center in Partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt
- Technology Business Research joins executive roundtable addressing the business impact of data analysis
- Silicon Power Is Holding the 2015 Annual Exhibition in June
- Transcend to Showcase Car Video Recorders, Body Camera and Industrial Solutions at COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2015
- AccelStor Debuting All-Flash Arrays with 1M+ IOPS at Computex 2015