Corsair Dominator DDR3 Memory Sets New World Record
-2580MHz DDR3 Frequency Reached on Intel X48 Chipset-
Fremont, CA, July 31, 2008 - Corsair®,a worldwide leader in high performance computer and flash memory products, announced today that its Dominator DDR3 memory modules have again shattered the world record for frequency. The record was set using the Asus ROG Rampage Extreme motherboard (Intel X48 chipset) and Corsair Dominator memory, utilizing Corsair's award-winning DHX technology.
The world record of 2580 MHz was reached at latency settings of 9-9-9-24 using a Corsair Dominator DDR3 memory module. These results were achieved with an Intel® Core2 Duo E8400 processor overclocked to a breathtaking 645MHz Front-Side Bus frequency. The results are verified by CPU-Z, an industry standard for verifying overclocking results, and are viewable here: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=393648
Corsair previously announced on May 20th its world record of 2462MHz and has now raised the record up to 118MHz faster. Corsair achieved these results as part of ongoing lab experiments on the effect of temperature on memory performance. The 2580MHz memory speed was achieved with the entire test platform -- including motherboard, CPU, chip set, and memory -- chilled to -20 degrees Celsius.
"We are proud that our Dominator Memory once again hit a new world record" said Martin Mueller, Senior Director of Engineering, Corsair. "Our proprietary technology used on Dominator DDR3 allows for incredible overclocking results; we believe our technology is far superior to any other when it comes to overclocking memory modules."
Corsair Dominator Memory contains ultra fast chips cooled using Corsair's proprietary Dual-Path Heat Xchange Cooling Technology (DHX). Dominators are used inDell, HP, Alienware and most high performance gaming systems. Corsair Dominator modules are available worldwide through authorized distributors and resellers in a variety of speeds and densities. Corsair memory products are backed by a lifetime warranty. Complete customer support via telephone, email, forum and the Tech Support Express Helpdesk are also available.
Corsair, Inc. has earned a reputation as being the first to market performance leader with cutting-edge products for the PC enthusiasts. Corsair supplies DRAM Memory, Flash Memory, Power Supplies and Water-cooling solutions for high-performance gaming systems, mission critical servers and portable notebooks. For more information, please visit http://www.corsair.com.
Copyright © 2008 Corsair. All rights reserved. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds pulls in $100 million
- SpaceX successfully launches and lands a used rocket
- LG V30 rumored to support wireless charging
- Samsung Galaxy Note8 to cost little over $900
- Refurbished Galaxy Note7 might cost $700
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ecurrency hack software
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller