Synology® Unveils Disk Station Manager 2.2 and Showcases 09-series Disk Station and Surveillance Solution at Computex 2009
Taipei, Taiwan-June 2, 2009-At Computex today, Synology® Inc. unveiled new features of its upcoming system software, Disk Station Manager 2.2. Synology also showcased the full range of 09-series Disk Station and its network surveillance solution.
Disk Station Manager 2.2 includes all features of its predecessor - DSM2.1, plus the following new features:
1. iSCSI Target Support
2. iPhone Support - Photos, Music and Files
3. Apple Time Machine Support
4. DLNA Compliant Media Server
5. Built-in Firewall
6. New Surveillance Station 2 - SMS and More
7. New Download Station 2 - RapidShare and RSS Support
8. NTFS Write on External Drive
9. System Resource Monitor
"We are pleased to unveil Disk Station Manager 2.2," said Edward Lin, marketing director of Synology. "We responded to users' requests by blending in more notable features and refining existing applications, and we are confident this version will give users a more satisfying experience."
The 09-series Disk Station, an eye catcher since its launch in March, consists of three series to cater for different users' needs. The office to corporate data center series includes DS509+, DX5, RS409+/RS409RP+, RX4, DS409+, DS209+II, and DS109+. The home to corporate workgroup series contains DS209 and DS109, while DS409slim, DS409 and RS409 are new to this series. The home to small office series comprises DS209j and DS109j. The plug-n-use DX5 and RX4 can easily expand selected Disk Station's storage to up to 20 TB, delivering effortless volume expansion and data backup. The DS409slim is the first Synology 2.5" HDD NAS server with the characteristics of compact size, snap-in disk tray, SATA/SSD drive support and fan-off under normal operation, appealing to users who demand a green solution for easy file sharing and backup.
Synology's intelligent network surveillance solution includes an easy-to-manage network video recording software - Surveillance Station 2, a RAID protection NVR - Disk Station, and an affordable and power saving live-view appliance - Visual Station VS60, offering users an economical alternative to conventional NVR devices.
The Disk Station Manager 2.2 is expected to have its beta in July and official release in September. Release date of DS409slim, DS409, RS409 and Visual Station VS60 are to be disclosed. All other 09-series Disk Station are now shipping.
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Zen CPU will arrive in 6 and 8-core versions at launch
- iPhone 7 could have a 3.5mm headphone jack after all
- Doom PC specs released, takes up 50GB on PS4 and Xbox One
- Overwatch beta goes live on all platforms
- New Xbox will be '5 times more powerful' than PS4 Neo, rocks 10 TFLOPs
- H97MPro4 - Machine mysteriously turns back on in Win7
- Windows 10 install - Raid 0 SSDs
- LaCie P9227 Porsche Design Slim Drive 2TB USB C Review
- GA-EX58-UD3R won't post
- Creative iRoar Intelligent Bluetooth Speaker Review
- Turtle Beach reinvents eSports gaming headsets with the Elite Pro
- Colorful to showcase new products at COMPUTEX 2016
- Global e-channel expanded by 23% in Q1-2016 according to Icecat
- The PGL KeSPA Regional Minor Championship: Asia to debut this Thursday; full schedule revealed
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini