Synology® Unveils Disk Station Manager 2.2 and Showcases 09-series Disk Station and Surveillance Solution at Computex 2009
Taipei, Taiwan-June 2, 2009-At Computex today, Synology® Inc. unveiled new features of its upcoming system software, Disk Station Manager 2.2. Synology also showcased the full range of 09-series Disk Station and its network surveillance solution.
Disk Station Manager 2.2 includes all features of its predecessor - DSM2.1, plus the following new features:
1. iSCSI Target Support
2. iPhone Support - Photos, Music and Files
3. Apple Time Machine Support
4. DLNA Compliant Media Server
5. Built-in Firewall
6. New Surveillance Station 2 - SMS and More
7. New Download Station 2 - RapidShare and RSS Support
8. NTFS Write on External Drive
9. System Resource Monitor
"We are pleased to unveil Disk Station Manager 2.2," said Edward Lin, marketing director of Synology. "We responded to users' requests by blending in more notable features and refining existing applications, and we are confident this version will give users a more satisfying experience."
The 09-series Disk Station, an eye catcher since its launch in March, consists of three series to cater for different users' needs. The office to corporate data center series includes DS509+, DX5, RS409+/RS409RP+, RX4, DS409+, DS209+II, and DS109+. The home to corporate workgroup series contains DS209 and DS109, while DS409slim, DS409 and RS409 are new to this series. The home to small office series comprises DS209j and DS109j. The plug-n-use DX5 and RX4 can easily expand selected Disk Station's storage to up to 20 TB, delivering effortless volume expansion and data backup. The DS409slim is the first Synology 2.5" HDD NAS server with the characteristics of compact size, snap-in disk tray, SATA/SSD drive support and fan-off under normal operation, appealing to users who demand a green solution for easy file sharing and backup.
Synology's intelligent network surveillance solution includes an easy-to-manage network video recording software - Surveillance Station 2, a RAID protection NVR - Disk Station, and an affordable and power saving live-view appliance - Visual Station VS60, offering users an economical alternative to conventional NVR devices.
The Disk Station Manager 2.2 is expected to have its beta in July and official release in September. Release date of DS409slim, DS409, RS409 and Visual Station VS60 are to be disclosed. All other 09-series Disk Station are now shipping.
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft loves PC gaming, no HDR support in Halo Wars 2
- Pentium G4560 costs $64, fights Core i5-2500K at $270
- Modified Tesla Model S goes from 0-100 in 2.1 seconds
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99