Synology® Unveils Disk Station Manager 2.2 and Showcases 09-series Disk Station and Surveillance Solution at Computex 2009
Taipei, Taiwan-June 2, 2009-At Computex today, Synology® Inc. unveiled new features of its upcoming system software, Disk Station Manager 2.2. Synology also showcased the full range of 09-series Disk Station and its network surveillance solution.
Disk Station Manager 2.2 includes all features of its predecessor - DSM2.1, plus the following new features:
1. iSCSI Target Support
2. iPhone Support - Photos, Music and Files
3. Apple Time Machine Support
4. DLNA Compliant Media Server
5. Built-in Firewall
6. New Surveillance Station 2 - SMS and More
7. New Download Station 2 - RapidShare and RSS Support
8. NTFS Write on External Drive
9. System Resource Monitor
"We are pleased to unveil Disk Station Manager 2.2," said Edward Lin, marketing director of Synology. "We responded to users' requests by blending in more notable features and refining existing applications, and we are confident this version will give users a more satisfying experience."
The 09-series Disk Station, an eye catcher since its launch in March, consists of three series to cater for different users' needs. The office to corporate data center series includes DS509+, DX5, RS409+/RS409RP+, RX4, DS409+, DS209+II, and DS109+. The home to corporate workgroup series contains DS209 and DS109, while DS409slim, DS409 and RS409 are new to this series. The home to small office series comprises DS209j and DS109j. The plug-n-use DX5 and RX4 can easily expand selected Disk Station's storage to up to 20 TB, delivering effortless volume expansion and data backup. The DS409slim is the first Synology 2.5" HDD NAS server with the characteristics of compact size, snap-in disk tray, SATA/SSD drive support and fan-off under normal operation, appealing to users who demand a green solution for easy file sharing and backup.
Synology's intelligent network surveillance solution includes an easy-to-manage network video recording software - Surveillance Station 2, a RAID protection NVR - Disk Station, and an affordable and power saving live-view appliance - Visual Station VS60, offering users an economical alternative to conventional NVR devices.
The Disk Station Manager 2.2 is expected to have its beta in July and official release in September. Release date of DS409slim, DS409, RS409 and Visual Station VS60 are to be disclosed. All other 09-series Disk Station are now shipping.
Synology at a Glance
Founded in 2000, Synology is a young and energetic company dedicated to developing high-performance, reliable, versatile, and environmentally-friendly Network Attached Storage (NAS) products. Our goal is to deliver user-friendly solutions and solid customer service to satisfy the needs of businesses, home offices, individual users and families.
Latest News Posts
- SSDs aren't used for storage according to the CEO of Seagate
- EVGA teases its new X99 Micro2 mATX motherboard with USB 3.1 Type-C
- Over 14 million people installed Windows 10 in the first 24 hours
- Cardiac microchip able to offer patients warning to heart problems
- Chinese launching chaotic number of attacks against US infrastructure
- Z77 motherboards missing Windows 10 drivers?
- GA-Z77X-UD4H F3a Modified BIOS Possible Issue
- Buffalo MiniStation Extreme NFC 1TB External HDD Review
- P67A-UD4-B3 Windows 10
- On Z97 Anniversary: No networking devices supported by Windows 10?
- Corsair Memory, PSUs, and CPU Coolers Pave the Way for Next Gen PC Processors
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade on GIGABYTE Laptops!
- Gamescom 2015 - Vertagear Racing Series at Caseking's Booth
- NVIDIA Recalls Select Shield Tablets over Fire Hazard
- Thermaltake Unveils the Core V51 Riing Edition Window Green PC Chassis