The Future is Ultra-Thin: New Intel Chips Redefine Laptop Style, Performance, Battery Life
TAIPEI, Taiwan, June 2, 2009 - Today at Computex, Intel Corporation introduced four new processors, including a low-power version and a value chipset, to usher in mainstream "ultra-thin" laptops. Intel® ultra-low voltage (ULV) processors will enable new sleek consumer laptop designs less than an inch thick, weighing 2 to 5 pounds, and at mainstream price points. These processors also consume less power to enable longer battery life, delivering the type of experience consumers expect from Intel-based laptops. In addition, Intel also announced the addition of new devices that can now wirelessly connect using optional Intel® My WiFi Technology.
"With an ultra-thin laptop powered by Intel® ultra-low voltage processors, consumers experience a unique balance of performance and power consumption that is incomparable in the market today - all in a slim, sleek package," said Mooly Eden, vice president and general manager of the Mobile Platforms Group at Intel. "And at mainstream price points, Intel is proud to deliver ultra thin for all."
Intel extends its leadership on the standard voltage (SV) Intel® Core 2 Duo processors, with offerings up to 3.06 GHz. These energy-efficient processors deliver breakthrough mobile performance and responsiveness for demanding business users and consumers. Users will see improved performance when running multiple, intense applications simultaneously, as well as dual-core optimized applications.
In addition, Intel unveiled the Mobile Intel® GS40 Express Chipset for the new ULV-based laptops. This value chipset enables ULV-based laptops to support features consumers have come to expect from laptops including HD playback, Windows® Vista Premium support and native support for integrated HDMI.
Consumers have choice when it comes to their wireless options by adding embedded WiMAX or Intel® My WiFi Technology to their laptops. Using Intel My WiFi Technology, more devices can now wirelessly connect to Intel® Centrino® 2 processor technology laptops. My WiFi Technology transforms a laptop into a WiFi personal area network, connecting directly with up to eight WiFi certified devices without cables or wires, including cameras, printers, HDTV and MP3 players, to print, share, show and sync wirelessly at home or on the go. With high-speed broadband WiMAX networks rolling out in new cities around the world, embedded WiMAX is also an option for users, putting consumers on the forefront of 4G wireless with an entire city as their own hotspot.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), the world leader in silicon innovation, develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Additional information about Intel is available at http://www.intel.com/pressroom and blogs.intel.com.
Latest News Posts
- Polaris is exciting, but will this be the GPU we're looking for?
- China is the first to have an autonomous police robot, with a taser
- The 'Space Jam' sequel is happening for reals this time
- VR could be awesome as a mainstream device, but it might be held back
- Oculus Rift to be sold in-store at Best Buy starting May 7
- I bought a new open box assus laptop but the sound does not work, help.
- JBL Xtreme Portable Bluetooth Speaker Review
- PC reboots immediately after being put to sleep
- How does correct CPU install bend pins?
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched