TRENDnet Now Shipping the 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router
TORRANCE, Calif. -July 30, 2008-TRENDnet, a best-in-class networking manufacturer of wired and wireless networking solutions today announces the availability of the 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router, model TEW-672GR, which offers unsurpassed wireless speed, coverage and reliability.
Most wireless routers currently use the crowded 2.4GHz radio band to transmit wireless signals. This radio band is also shared by devices such as wireless telephones, microwave ovens, radio controlled toys and neighboring wireless routers and access points. The 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router offers the choice of using the 2.4GHz or the less crowded 5.0GHz radio band to optimize performance in high-interference wireless environments.
Four Gigabit Local Area Network ports on the back of the router allow users to transfer data at Gigabit speeds between their wired devices. A Gigabit Wide Area Network port ensures the fastest possible connection to the Internet. A double firewall using Network Address Translation (NAT) and Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) protocols protects from Internet attacks.
Three external antennas powered by Advanced Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) technology reduce wireless dead spots by dramatically expanding wireless coverage. Advanced WPA and WPA2-based wireless encryption keeps unwanted guests from accessing your wireless network. A unique wireless On/Off switch offers the highest level of protection-simply flip the external switch to turn off the wireless router function.
Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) integrates other WPS supported wireless adapters at the touch of a button. WPS automates the adapter connection process by generating many of the keys that once needed to be manually entered. With up to 14 times the speed and 6 times the coverage of a wireless g network, users can stream HD media, download files, surf and play games all at the same time.
"Dual Band wireless n routers use the full 802.11n draft 2.0 specification, thereby delivering optimal wireless performance in areas with high wireless interference," stated Sonny Su, Technology Director for TRENDnet. "End users often detect many neighboring wireless networks from their home. These wireless networks and other devices most likely function on the 2.4GHz radio band and may interfere with their respective wireless router. Dual Band wireless n routers can avoid this interference by connecting to supporting dual band adapters using the 5.0GHz radio band."
The 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N Gigabit Router (model TEW-672GR) will be available through TRENDnet's retail, online store and distribution partners. Visit http://www.trendnet.com for more details.
For TRENDnet logos visit: http://trendnet.com/asp/partners/marketing.asp
TRENDnet is an award winning global brand, dedicated to providing a complete line of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small to mid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnet is headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch offices in Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet products are sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistently recognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleled support. For more information visit http://www.trendnet.com or call +1 (310) 961-5500.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft 'couldn't focus' enough in order to make a portable Xbox
- Witcher 3 first person mod released, looking good
- Razer opens up the pre-order floodgates for its OSVR headset
- Samsung reportedly working on higher-end 'Odyssey' VR headset
- Pokemon GO developer asks gamers to stop requesting PokeStops and gyms
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- H110M-HDV bricked after internet flash
- Bad PSU, now bad motherboard?
- GIGABYTE 970-Gaming SLI (AMD 970) Motherboard Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard