NVIDIA ION Awarded 'Best Choice' At Computex 2009
Taipei Computer Association Recognizes ION for Innovation and Technical Achievement
COMPUTEX 2009-TAIPEI, TAIWAN-JUNE 2, 2009-NVIDIA Corporation today announced that the NVIDIA® ION graphics processor earned the prestigious "Best Choice of Overseas Enterprise" award from the Taipei Computer Association.
NVIDIA ION was selected from more than 400 products from every electronic product category including portable devices, displays, and complete systems. Nominated products were subjected to a rigorous examination by local and foreign judges from the technology industry and academia who evaluated them based on technical merit, innovation, and marketability.
"The revolutionary NVIDIA ION graphics processor introduces new capabilities to low-power PCs, including HD video, gaming, and video editing," said the jury of the Best Choice Award. "We selected ION from more than 400 entries because it is an outstanding technological achievement that will have a very positive impact on the industry."
"This is a great honor from the Taipei Computer Association, and we are delighted to receive it," said Drew Henry, general manager of the desktop GPU business unit at NVIDIA, who accepted the award at a special press conference today. "Our ION graphics processor is changing the landscape for small, low power PCs, and we are gratified that the TCA has recognized its capabilities as industry-changing."
ION solutions appear in more than 20 new products at Computex, including the Lenovo IdeaPad S12 laptop, Acer AspireRevo, and designs from Asrock ASUS, ECS, MSI, Pegatron, and others.
Computex attendees are invited to see the new ION platform products including desktops, all-in-one PCs, and notebooks, at the NVIDIA booth in the Nankang Exhibition Hall, # M634.
ION graphics processors transform small PCs into fully capable computers with up to 10X faster graphics than today's low power systems. It offers greater application support, superb HD video, support for popular PC games, and hardware acceleration for video editing and transcoding. ION graphics support:
- Windows 7 and Windows Vista Home Premium
- Low-power CPUs including Intel Atom, Intel Celeron, and Via Nano processors
- Outstanding 1080p HD video with true-fidelity 7.1 audio
- Popular games including Spore, Lego Batman, and World of WarCraft
- DirectX 10 graphics with advanced digital display connectivity
- Accelerated video enhancement and transcoding using NVIDIA® CUDA and DirectX Compute technology
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas.
Latest News Posts
- Unity CEO: VR to create 'staggering orgasm of the new'
- Fable Legends game director discusses DLCs with TweakTown
- Microsoft boss says Xbox 'needs to do better' in European markets
- Garmin shows Edge 520 GPS, including Strava Live functionality
- Get Your Amazon Web Services Certification With This Bundle
- Problem with Overclocking
- Thermaltake Commander FT Touchscreen Fan Controller Review
- How Do I Open The RAM Slot - X555LA Laptop
- LG G4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S6 edge - The Battle of Android
- BIOS Disk Boot Option settings don't hold (GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK)
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors
- Ozone Gaming Announces ORIGEN Mousepad
- PNY Launches the Mini HP v160 USB 2.0 Flash Drive