Taiwan Tech Industry Hits Global Technology Milestone
1 Billion Intel Processor-Based Desktop PC Motherboards Shipped Worldwide
COMPUTEX, TAIPEI, Taiwan, June 1, 2009 - Taiwan motherboard manufacturers have surpassed an important technology milestone, shipping more than 1 billion Intel processor-based desktop PC motherboards.1
"Intel congratulates the Taiwan tech industry on reaching this historic milestone," said Sean Maloney, Intel Corporation executive vice president and chief sales and marketing officer. "This milestone is another signal that the desktop PC is not dead and that computer users continue to crave the processing power, graphics and storage capabilities that desktop PCs provide."
During his Computex keynote speech at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Maloney will elaborate on this historic milestone and how Taiwan's technology industry has become the "innovation hub" for the global IT industry. He'll also challenge Taiwan's tech industry to take advantage of four emerging technology transitions to create demand for the next billion desktop PCs. The keynote will be in the 3F Plenary Hall of the Taipei International Convention Center.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), the world leader in silicon innovation, develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Additional information about Intel is available at http://www.intel.com/pressroom and blogs.intel.com.
Latest News Posts
- Sony's upcoming Android-powered 4K TVs will launch in May
- Journey to the 'Enchanted Kingdom' in our BBC Blu-ray giveaway
- WB signs massive multi-picture tentpole deal with IMAX through to 2020
- 'Independence Day 2' welcomes back President Whitmore and Dr. Okun
- Elon Musk was very close to selling Tesla Motors to Google in 2013
- C2550D4I won't boot
- Intel Series version in GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 motherboard?
- Etekcity RoverBeats T12 Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Speaker Review
- Installing Windows with a System Image from a different computer...driver issue?
- New CPU Cooler
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X
- ViewSonic Introduces New Line of Ultra HD Monitors
- Rapoo Announces VPRO V800 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces GR6 Gaming Desktop