Super Talent Releases New Upgrade SSDs for Dell Inspiron Mini 9
Double Wide Half Mini 2 PCIe SSD Delivers up to 128GB Capacity and 80MB/s Performance
San Jose, California - May 28, 2009 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, adds to the broadest SSD portfolio in the industry by introducing faster and larger capacity upgrade modules for the Dell® Inspiron® Mini 9 netbook PC. The modules come in two form factors, the standard Half Mini PCIe form factor and Super Talent's innovative Double Wide Half Mini PCIe form factor. Both families of products feature a custom IDE/PATA interface used in the Mini 9 netbook.
"For the first time ever Mini 9 users can upgrade their netbooks with a high performance 128GB SSD without any case modifications. We installed the hardware in less than 60 seconds and reinstalled the operating system in less than 30 minutes. We started thinking about how we could better solve our customers' problems, when we saw them posting videos online sawing their case apart to put in larger SSDs. So we innovated and invented the Double Wide Half Mini PCIe form factor to make upgrading to a high capacity SSD a whole lot easier."
In Super Talent's internal benchmark testing the Super Talent SSDs outperformed the stock SSD in sequential write speed by an impressive 7 to 1, showed a 2x performance gain in sequential read speed, and a 5.4x gain in random write speed. These products are available with both SLC and MLC flash.
Super Talent will showcase these products at the 2009 Computex Taipei show June 2-6, 2009 at Nangang Exhibition Hall 1st Floor, Booth J610.
Products are available for sale at http://www.superbiiz.com.
About Super Talent Technology
Super Talent Technology Corporation based in San Jose, California, designs and manufactures a full range of DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. An ISO 9001 certified company, Super Talent utilizes its state-of-the-art factories and leading-edge components to produce award winning products with outstanding reliability. Super Talent is an active member of the JEDEC and ONFI standards bodies. With over 250 patents, the company was ranked 38th in the 2008 Wall Street Journal's Patent ScorecardTM for the IT industry.
Latest News Posts
- Lenovo dreaming big when it comes to smartwatches, wearables
- G.SKILL DDR4 reaches record air-cooling frequency of 4062MHz
- Lian Li hopes consumers at Computex like its unique desk PCs
- OCZ to show off Trion 100 SSD series for consumers during Computex
- AP: IRS believes tax data thieves came from Russia
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- 970 Extreme 4 - Load Line Calibration, Does not work properly.
- Q flesh Error Incorrect file size Motherboard B85M- D3H
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- ADATA Teases its Computex 2015 Unveiling
- Logic Supply Previews its Upcoming ML600 Series Fanless PC
- Introducing the The NanoXia Project
- WD Redesigns World's No. 1 Selling Portable Hard Drive
- QNAP Unveils Quiet and Stylish Vertical NAS TS-453mini