GELID Announces GC-2 - Premium Thermal Compound
Thermal Solutions specialist GELID Solutions launches the premium "GC-2" thermal compound as the successor of the multi award winner "GC-1". The "GC-1" thermal compound will be end of life by end of May 2009. Optimal heat conductivity and low thermal resistance make the "GC-2" best-in-class thermal compound and enables an effective heat transfer. At the same time the compound is non-electrical conductive, non-corrosive, non-bleeding and non-curing. Aiming for the same high performance and price range as its predecessor the "GC-2" contains 7g paste which is twice as much as most other competitors. The "GC-2" will be part of the SILENT product line of GELID Solutions.
"GC-2" is awarded and recommended by experienced reviewers such as Driverheaven and Tweaktown:
"GELID Solutions previously impressed us with their GC-1 paste and we are left with a similar impression of GC-2. Their new thermal compound exceeds the performance of Arctic Cooling's MX-2 under load and idle condition which makes it our first choice in any system build." Driverheaven.com
"I found the GC-2 compound very easy to use and spread on both the IHS and the base of a few cooler types I tried it on. With the four thermal pastes I tried including the original GC-1 compound, I found the GELID Solutions GC-2 thermal compound to be the best performer. GC-2, in our lab-like environment of testing, performed just shy of 2° Celsius better than the GC-1, and more than a degree better than both of the others tested. Great job on the new thermal compound, it makes it to the top three as far as what thermal compound I would purchase." Tweaktown.com
The "GC-2" thermal compound is available in June 2009 and has a MSRP of USD 6.99 / Euro.
Latest News Posts
- LG begins promoting 8K, with its massive 7680x4320 resolution
- Facebook's new 'Scrapbooks' feature, organizes photos of your kids
- Huawei secures 33% increase in profits for 2014
- Court grants RadioShack, Sprint co-branding of retail stores
- Sony unveils limited edition Batman: Arkham Knight PS4 console
- E2200 Killer Ethernet driver for Linux with Wakeup-On-Lan WOL
- SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive Review - Add Storage to your iOS Device
- EVGA X99 Micro (Intel X99) Micro-ATX Motherboard Review
- Extreme 6 for SLI and M.2?
- Z77X-UD3H Back USB Ports Not Working
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi