Super Talent UltraDrive Delivers over 5x Performance Boost on Apple® Mac
UltraDrive ME and LE Certified for Compatibility with newest MacBook, MacBook Pro, and Mac Pro
San Jose, California - May 27, 2009 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, announced it has self certified it's award winning UltraDrive SSDs for compatibility with the newest Apple MacBook (13"), MacBook Pro (15"/17"), and Mac Pro (Quad/8-Core) based on Intel's Core i7 CPUs.
During compatibility testing Super Talent was able to improve boot time by up to 58% and achieve performance gains of over 5.3x vs. the stock Apple Hard Disk Drive (HDD). The UltraDrive ME delivered 32x the bandwidth of the HDD on 256K Random Writes as measured by the xBench standard benchmark. The UltraDrive also outperformed the Apple SSD by 2.5x.
On the Mac Pro Super Talent was able to achieve nearly 420 MB/sec write speeds with 3 SSDs in RAID0. This configuration delivered enough bandwidth to write three uncompressed HD video streams in parallel.
"The market reception to our UltraDrive SSDs has been tremendous. We are proud to announce that the family now supports Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro, and Mac Pro lines. Apple users who upgrade with our products are going to be delighted with the simplicity of upgrading and the outstanding performance they will attain", said Jeremy Werner, Sr. Product Marketing Manager for Super Talent.
Complete benchmarking data is available on Super Talent's website in their new whitepaper UltraDrive LE/ME Performance in Apple Mac.
About Super Talent Technology
Super Talent Technology Corporation based in San Jose, California, designs and manufactures a full range of DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. An ISO 9001 certified company, Super Talent utilizes its state-of-the-art factories and leading-edge components to produce award winning products with outstanding reliability. Super Talent is an active member of the JEDEC and ONFI standards bodies. With over 250 patents, the company was ranked 38th in the 2008 Wall Street Journal's Patent ScorecardTM for the IT industry.
Latest News Posts
- Hollywood lobbied for UK government to keep movie ripping illegal
- US authority lets farmers spray crops from drones
- Study: 'Smart' clothing will top 10 million in 5 years
- Report: Microsoft Xbox One receiving TV DVR functionality
- Epic Games provides support for SteamVR in Unreal Engine 4.8
- Kháo học nghiệp vụ xây dựng năm 2015
- Zipbuds Pro mic Never Tangle Zipper Earphones Review
- Corsair CX750M 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Review
- Computer keeps freezing
- Asrock BIOS Guide
- KTC launches L81F TV Series featuring Supreme Cost-Performance
- Nokia adjusts the conversion price of its EUR 750 million convertible bonds
- TP-LINK Announces Availability of the RE210 AC750 Wi-Fi Range Extender
- MSI Unleashes 990FXA GAMING Socket AM3+ Motherboard
- PNY Announces the HP x715w USB 3.0 Flash drive