World's First NVIDIA ION Laptop Changes Small PCs Forever
SANTA CLARA, CA-MAY 26, 2009-NVIDIA Corporation and Lenovo advanced mobile computing today by introducing a low-cost, small laptop that delivers up to 10 times faster graphics performance than today's small laptops.1 Featuring the NVIDIA® ION graphics processor, the Lenovo IdeaPad S12 offers improved application support while still providing long battery life thanks to its energy efficient design.
Lenovo used NVIDIA ION's revolutionary design to create a thin, lightweight, low-power laptop with a 12-inch screen and improved application compatibility. The Lenovo IdeaPad S12 has the graphics horsepower to support high definition media and many PC games which will not run on most low-cost small PCs. NVIDIA ION enables these capabilities with the industry's best graphics performance for low-power CPUs.
"NVIDIA ION is one of the latest technologies available for the PC industry for small, low cost laptop PCs, and we're excited to be among the first to use it," said Stephen DiFranco, vice president and general manager of consumer and commercial channels, Americas Group, Lenovo. "With its 12-inch display, full-size keyboard and rich multimedia options powered by ION, the IdeaPad S12 balances an improved computing experience along with the size and affordability many consumers are looking for today."
"The Lenovo IdeaPad S12 with NVIDIA ION graphics is a game changer for the industry," said Jeff Fisher, senior vice president of the GPU business unit at NVIDIA. "It's a powerful testament to what a small PC can do if it's optimized with ION. The thin and affordable S12 does everything you expect a PC to do including watching movies, playing games, flipping through vacation pictures or editing family videos."
NVIDIA ION graphics support:
- All versions of Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7
- Outstanding HD video including 1080p and Blu-ray movies
- Stunning HD video through an external monitor via HDMI
- Popular games including Spore and Battlefield Heroes
- DirectX 10 graphics with advanced digital display connectivity
- Accelerated video enhancement and conversion using NVIDIA® CUDA technology
The Lenovo IdeaPad S12 with the NVIDIA ION graphics processor is expected to be available later this summer. For more information, please go to: http://www.lenovo.com
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4