World's First NVIDIA ION Laptop Changes Small PCs Forever
SANTA CLARA, CA-MAY 26, 2009-NVIDIA Corporation and Lenovo advanced mobile computing today by introducing a low-cost, small laptop that delivers up to 10 times faster graphics performance than today's small laptops.1 Featuring the NVIDIA® ION graphics processor, the Lenovo IdeaPad S12 offers improved application support while still providing long battery life thanks to its energy efficient design.
Lenovo used NVIDIA ION's revolutionary design to create a thin, lightweight, low-power laptop with a 12-inch screen and improved application compatibility. The Lenovo IdeaPad S12 has the graphics horsepower to support high definition media and many PC games which will not run on most low-cost small PCs. NVIDIA ION enables these capabilities with the industry's best graphics performance for low-power CPUs.
"NVIDIA ION is one of the latest technologies available for the PC industry for small, low cost laptop PCs, and we're excited to be among the first to use it," said Stephen DiFranco, vice president and general manager of consumer and commercial channels, Americas Group, Lenovo. "With its 12-inch display, full-size keyboard and rich multimedia options powered by ION, the IdeaPad S12 balances an improved computing experience along with the size and affordability many consumers are looking for today."
"The Lenovo IdeaPad S12 with NVIDIA ION graphics is a game changer for the industry," said Jeff Fisher, senior vice president of the GPU business unit at NVIDIA. "It's a powerful testament to what a small PC can do if it's optimized with ION. The thin and affordable S12 does everything you expect a PC to do including watching movies, playing games, flipping through vacation pictures or editing family videos."
NVIDIA ION graphics support:
- All versions of Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7
- Outstanding HD video including 1080p and Blu-ray movies
- Stunning HD video through an external monitor via HDMI
- Popular games including Spore and Battlefield Heroes
- DirectX 10 graphics with advanced digital display connectivity
- Accelerated video enhancement and conversion using NVIDIA® CUDA technology
The Lenovo IdeaPad S12 with the NVIDIA ION graphics processor is expected to be available later this summer. For more information, please go to: http://www.lenovo.com
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce graphics products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® graphics products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla computing solutions products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy 15 isn't completely open-world
- Nintendo admits it has to communicate better with the NX
- Open-source Piton CPU can scale into million-core system
- Steam allows No Man's Sky refunds regardless of playtime
- Halo 5 Forge needs 16GB of RAM for 4K at 60FPS on the PC
- GB's z170x G7's audio compared to G1's
- Overwatch Eichenwalde Map Preview
- 1833MHz memory in Asus PU551LA
- New Build - About to Press BUY
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Performance Analysis
- ADATA launches the ultimate SU800SATA 6Gb/s 3D NAND SSD
- CAPE Audio shakes up the headphone industry with the release of Rebellion Headphones
- Tesoro announces ambidextrous, White Sharur SE Spectrum gaming mouse
- Eurocom launches worlds first GTX 1080 SLI VR-Ready laptop
- Thermaltake new Pacific RGB G1/4 PETG Tube 16mm OD 12mm ID 6 liquid-cooling fittings with 1 RGB LED lighting controller