TRENDnet Announces Upgrades to the 7" Wireless Internet Camera and Photo Monitor
TORRANCE, Calif. -May 19, 2009- TRENDnet, a best-in-class wired and wireless networking hardware brand, announces today from Interop Las Vegas, powerful new upgrades to the first-to-market 7" Wireless Internet Camera and Photo Monitor, model TV-M7. Upgrades now allow users to connect to TRENDnet security cameras over the Internet and to default the device's login screen to the IP camera selection page.
The world's first 7" Wireless Internet Camera and Photo Monitor connects to your wireless network, detects wired and wireless TRENDnet Internet Security Cameras and streams camera video wirelessly in real-time. The device also acts like a photo frame-it displays photo slideshows and plays videos and music.
Users previously needed a computer to view streaming video from Internet security cameras. With the TV-M7 users can now view video while their computer is turned off. The device also enables users to monitor up to 4 TRENDnet Internet cameras on one screen or scan between cameras to wirelessly monitor key entry points, property, public areas, baby rooms, warehouses, office environments or other sensitive areas.
Wireless technology allows users to place the 7" Wireless Internet Camera and Photo Monitor in the most convenient location, without the clutter and hassle of a wired connection. This is the first solution to deliver real time video surveillance to the kitchen, living area, home office or anywhere consumers have access to their wireless network. Users can now link to security cameras on their local area network and to other security cameras at a second home or office over the Internet.
The TV-M7 is also designed for use in business environments. Many security posts do not have wired network access -the TV-M7 can be installed quickly at security posts with access to a wireless Local Area Network. Receptionists can use this device to monitor surveillance cameras while working on their computer. The product is also well suited for managerial use, surveillance stations and warehouse monitoring. Employees can now view wireless security video from multiple facilities or even link to a mixture of office and home security cameras.
When turned on, the TV-M7 defaults to the introduction navigation page. Users can now change the default to the IP camera selection page. This eliminates navigation steps and allows users to view streaming security video as soon as the device is turned on. Users can also choose to default to music, video or photo selection pages.
"We are excited to roll out this powerful expanded feature set for our first to market TV-M7," stated Zak Wood, Director of Global Marketing for TRENDnet. "Consumers can now link to cameras at home while they are at work and businesses can now view cameras from different facilities on the TV-M7 in real time."
The TV-M7 is currently shipping with the listed upgrades. Consumers who have already purchased the TV-M7 can upgrade to the new features by downloading new firmware from TRENDnet's TV-M7 product page.
The 7" Wireless Internet Camera and Photo Monitor comes with a 2-year limited warranty and a suggested retail price of US $275.00.
TRENDnet is an award winning global networking solutions brand, dedicated to providing a complete line of high quality yet affordable networking solutions for small to mid-sized business and home users alike. Founded in 1990, TRENDnet is headquartered in Torrance, California, and maintains branch offices in Europe, Central America, South America and Asia. TRENDnet products are sold in over 125 countries. The TRENDnet brand is consistently recognized for high quality, exceptional performance and unparalleled support.
Latest News Posts
- World of Tanks update 9,14 is gonna be big, plenty of bang to it
- Amazon's new games engine is powerful, flexible, and totally free
- The Division's open beta launches next week, coming first to Xbox One
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 patch live on the PS4, Xbone and PC tomorrow
- H1Z1 splits into two games, neither of them are free-to-play
- ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming Z170 Gaming K4 - Only Posts with one memory stick
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance