OCZ Technology Introduces Summit Series SSDs, Offering a Premium Storage Solution with Ultimate Compatibility and Reliability
San Jose, Calif.-May 19, 2009-OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and computer components, today released the highly anticipated Summit Series 2.5" Solid State Drives, tailored to meet the stringent demands of business professionals, enthusiasts, and entry-level enterprise applications. Building on their premium flash-based storage solutions, OCZ's Summit Series strives to bridge the gap between the needs of high-end gaming and professional desktops and notebooks to small scale server PCs that require amplified criteria for maintaining a solid and stable work environment.
"OCZ's SSD lineup offers drives for the complete spectrum of applications, and the new Summit SSD's cater to both enthusiast level consumer and enterprise customers," said Alex Mei, CMO of the OCZ Technology Group. "Making use of premium flash and a large 128MB cache, the Summit SSD delivers a combination of high speed, excellent compatibility, and superior reliability in mobile, workstation, and entry-level enterprise computing applications."
OCZ Summit Series SSDs provide the best of both worlds -the performance of cutting-edge technology paired with unmatched reliability, offering the ideal balance to store and transfer your most essential data. The Summit Series is the new wave in SSD solutions for users seeking an enhanced experience from their notebook or desktop, such as snappier speeds and access time, longer battery life, and shorter boot-ups. Ideal for even mission-critical systems, the Summit Series delivers best-in-class stability and dependability along with faster access times, lower power consumption, and superior durability compared to conventional hard drives.
Offering a robust upgrade from traditional platter-based drives, OCZ Summit Series SSDs have a compact form factor with no moving parts resulting in quiet and cooler operation. For crowded cases and system builders striving for multiple drives in RAID configurations, OCZ Summit SSDs offer space and cost-savings that use significantly less power thanks to the benefits of high-quality flash chips in a durable 2.5" aluminum casing.
OCZ continues to expand its reach to all areas of computing interests and system preferences by going beyond the enthusiast PC to workstations and small-scale enterprise. The OCZ Summit Series is the result of the latest breakthroughs in SSD technology that translates to professional-class data storage enthusiasts have come to expect from OCZ. These next-generation drives feature speeds up to 220MB/s read and 200MB/s write, along with 128MB of onboard cache for faster data access. Available in capacities of 60GB(64), 120GB (128), and 250GB(256), Summit SSDs offers ample room for all your data and are backed by OCZ's exemplarity service and support.
For more information regarding the OCZ Summit Series 2.5" SSDs, please visit our product page here.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com
Latest News Posts
- XIGMATEK pushes its a bright red power supply to market, the S550
- Ubisoft learns from Watch Dogs, shows games on 'target machines' at E3
- AMD financials continue to decline, even with the launch of Fury X
- Sony rumored to unveil its new Xperia Z5 smartphone in September
- LG uses Advanced In-Cell Touch technology for next-gen laptop screens
- ICY DOCK Black Vortex MB174U3S-4SB USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- C2750D4I: EFI firmware bug?
- ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Custom Bios (ASRock X99 Extreme6 3.1 ?
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- GELID Announces Polar 1U Low-profile CPU Cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Transcend Announces StoreJet 35T3 8TB USB 3.0 External HDD
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC