T-RAM and GLOBALFOUNDRIES Team up to Deliver Thyristor-RAM Embedded Memory
T-RAM Semiconductor (T-RAM) and GLOBALFOUNDRIES announced today that they have entered into a joint development agreement targeted toward the application of T-RAM's Thyristor-RAM embedded memory to advanced technology nodes. According to Gregg Bartlett, Senior Vice President of Technology and R&D at GLOBALFOUNDRIES, "We are pleased to be jointly developing T-RAM memory for 32nm and 22nm technologies. T-RAM's embedded memory technology shows a great deal of potential for use in low-power, high-performance dense cache applications for advanced technology nodes."
Sam Nakib, President and CEO of T-RAM, added, "We are excited about working with GLOBALFOUNDRIES on the next generation embedded memory technology. T-RAM has successfully completed extensive development of the Thyristor-RAM technology and has delivered a fully manufacturable and robust memory solution with proven yield, reliability, and low-cost of integration in earlier technology nodes. We believe that GLOBALFOUNDRIES and their customers' products provide a great opportunity to further develop and show-case T-RAM's significant performance and economic advantages. T-RAM's revolutionary Thyristor-RAM memory technology provides the highest combination of density and performance among all embedded memory technology candidates, and avoids the fundamental scalability challenges that face 6T-SRAM and other FET-based memory cells."
Latest News Posts
- Xbox wants to be the best place for devs to make money
- Amazon Prime now required for new Twitch subscriptions
- NVIDIA shows how awesome Gears of War 4 looks in DX12
- Ubisoft says Nintendo will be 'back in the race' with NX
- Amazon developing sports game, sandbox MMO, survival MMO
- Acer Chromebook R11 Review
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now