T-RAM and GLOBALFOUNDRIES Team up to Deliver Thyristor-RAM Embedded Memory
T-RAM Semiconductor (T-RAM) and GLOBALFOUNDRIES announced today that they have entered into a joint development agreement targeted toward the application of T-RAM's Thyristor-RAM embedded memory to advanced technology nodes. According to Gregg Bartlett, Senior Vice President of Technology and R&D at GLOBALFOUNDRIES, "We are pleased to be jointly developing T-RAM memory for 32nm and 22nm technologies. T-RAM's embedded memory technology shows a great deal of potential for use in low-power, high-performance dense cache applications for advanced technology nodes."
Sam Nakib, President and CEO of T-RAM, added, "We are excited about working with GLOBALFOUNDRIES on the next generation embedded memory technology. T-RAM has successfully completed extensive development of the Thyristor-RAM technology and has delivered a fully manufacturable and robust memory solution with proven yield, reliability, and low-cost of integration in earlier technology nodes. We believe that GLOBALFOUNDRIES and their customers' products provide a great opportunity to further develop and show-case T-RAM's significant performance and economic advantages. T-RAM's revolutionary Thyristor-RAM memory technology provides the highest combination of density and performance among all embedded memory technology candidates, and avoids the fundamental scalability challenges that face 6T-SRAM and other FET-based memory cells."
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft begins rolling out its Project Spartan browser to Windows 10
- LG G4 teased in new benchmarks, features 5.5-inch 1440p display
- ASUS teases GeForce GTX 980 Matrix Gold Edition with huge clock speeds
- Gmail for Android updates with new 'All Inboxes' option
- Want to win a Heroes of the Storm key? Enter now!
- AMD's Future of Gaming: FreeSync, DirectX 12, LiquidVR, VR and more
- Asus n5 dh71 subwoofer problem
- Supermicro C7X99-OCE (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- PC-06S vs PC-06SX?
- Intel Server R2208WT2YS System Review
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi