TDK Launches SDG2A Series Solid-State Drives
TDK Corporation announced today the launch in late May 2009 of the SDG2A series of serial ATA(SATA) II compatible industrial solid state drives(SSDs) with a maximum memory capacity of 64 GByte.
These products are industrial SATA Flash discs equipped with GBDriver RS2 SATA controller ICs developed by TDK. They support high-speed access with an effective read speed of 95 MByte/second and effective write speed of 55 MByte/second. They also feature powerful error correction capabilities scalable to 15-bit/sector ECC(error correction code), providing high levels of data reliability. The use of an internal power supply protection function prevents errors in the event of a power interruption. These SATA drives are also equipped with an auto-recovery function that automatically recovers data when read disturbance errors occur from repeated reading of data, making them ideal for use on automotive application such as car navigation systems.
TDK has achieved a substantial improvement in the life spans of semiconductor memory storage devices. An advanced static wear leveling function developed by TDK equalizes data writing among all of the Flash memory blocks, maximizing the life span of the memory. SMART(self-monitoring and analysis reporting technology) data makes it possible to determine the number of times each memory block is erased, facilitating quantitative assessment of silicon disc life spans in real time.
The drives also feature an advanced encryption function using the 128-bit AES encryption that has been registered as United States Department of Commerce Federal Information Processing Standards FIPS PUB197. Data is automatically encrypted before writing to the Flash memory, preventing data tampering and leaks. A high level of storage security is provided to prevent unauthorized copying and other data risks by using both ATA standard security functions and an original TDK password lock function.
TDK's SDG2A series of industrial SSDs are SATA discs suitable as replacements for hard disc drives(HDDs) and provide high-speed performance, data reliability, storage life span, and data security at the highest levels in the industry. In addition to the 2.5-inch discs currently available, TDK launch the series of 1.8-inch SDG2A SSDs.
Latest News Posts
- ADATA's new 256GB micro SDXC hits 260 MB/s write speeds
- Sony to unveil new phones on February 27
- Valve wants to make Source 2 engine free for all devs
- Microsoft buys leading API studio Simplygon
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup