Global IP Solutions Co-Sponsors the HD Communications Summit as HD Voice Adoption Increases in the Workplace
HD Communications Summit May 21, New York, to Raise Awareness of the HD Voice Movement
San Francisco - May 18, 2009 - Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS), the leading provider of IP multimedia processing solutions, announced it is sponsoring the HD Communications Summit in New York on Thursday, May 21. The HD Communications Summit will be exploring the issues and benefits associated with the widespread deployment of HD VoIP.
GIPS' Vice President of Engineering, Dr. Jan Linden will lead a key presentation that will provide an in-depth analysis on the expanding HD codec space and how to navigate the minefield of choices and the factors that differentiate the quality of HD voice.
The conference, produced by VoIP pioneer Jeff Pulver, is being held at New World Stages in New York City. "HD voice holds great promise as the future for VoIP," said Jeff Pulver. "Global IP Solutions (GIPS) is a pioneer in the VoIP space and we're pleased to see them contribute to the summit as we bring GIPS and other VoIP luminaries together to bring forward the vision of high definition VoIP."
"We're excited to be part of this important event, which will shed light on the opportunities associated with widely deploying HD voice over IP networks, from enterprise telephone lines, PCs, home phones and mobile devices," said Jan Linden. "Wideband codecs are an integral part of providing HD voice but the inherent problem of packet loss, jitter and echo on IP networks also needs to be resolved to successfully enable HD voice. Resolving all these issues in addition to selecting the appropriate wideband codecs will enable carriers, mobile phone manufacturers and application developers to deliver an HD voice experience that brings tangible economic benefits to them and their customers."
To register for the HD Communications Summit and hear what GIPS has to say about the topic, visit http://www.hdcomms.com/
About Global IP Solutions
Global IP Solutions (Oslo Børs: GIPS) provides best-in-class voice and video processing in IP communications. GIPS enables its customers to deliver unmatched quality, with a faster time-to-market and with less risk than alternative solutions. GIPS serves application developers, wired and wireless service providers and network and telecommunications equipment vendors. Its customer list includes Citrix, CommuniGate, Nimbuzz, Nortel, Oracle, Samsung, Tencent, WebEx, Yahoo!, AOL and other key players in the voice and video over IP markets. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Stockholm, Boston and Hong Kong. For more information, visit http://www.gipscorp.com.
Latest News Posts
- Tekken 7 launches June 2, 2017, has season pass
- Samsung confirms they won't unveil the S8 at MWC 2017
- White Xiaomi Mi MIX will be available very soon
- Samsung confirms faulty batteries caused Note7 fiasco
- Hugo Barra is leaving Xiaomi next month
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni