Logitech Unveils Black Edition of Wireless Guitar Controller for PLAYSTATION 3
Wireless Guitar Controller for Guitar Hero to be Available Worldwide
FREMONT, Calif. - May 12, 2009 - Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) today announced the Logitech® Wireless Guitar Controller for PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems. Featuring authentic materials - including a wood neck and body, a rosewood fingerboard and metal frets - the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller is for gamers who truly want to play like a rock star.
Following the introduction of the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller, Premiere Edition (previously available only in select markets), the new black guitar controller is expected to be available worldwide later this month. The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller is licensed by Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) for the award-winning Guitar Hero® franchise.
"Logitech's new guitar controller delivers the same unparalleled Guitar Hero experience offered by our previous premiere edition to an even broader group of gamers and at a great value," said Ruben Mookerjee, Logitech's director of product marketing for gaming. "Everything about the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller is premium - from the authentic wood material and flawless black finish, to the noise-dampening design of the strum bar and buttons, to the authentic accents provided by the metal frets."
The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller offers a one-piece contoured wood body preferred by many of the world's leading rock guitarists. For reduced button noise, Logitech uses rubber dome technology on the fret board controls, the same material used in its award-winning keyboards. The guitar controller also incorporates a touch-sensitive slider, located on the neck of the guitar controller so you can rack up the points.
So you'll be free to go where the music moves you, the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller lets you jam at a range of up to 30 feet from the console and offers hundreds of hours of battery life.
The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller will be available in a pristine black finish complemented with a glossy black pick guard.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller for PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems is expected to be available this month in the U.S. for a retail price of $199.99 (U.S.) and will be available in Europe in June.
Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music, home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- Snapchat announces sunglasses with a built-in camera
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Unable to find BIOS update for motherboard
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now