Logitech Unveils Black Edition of Wireless Guitar Controller for PLAYSTATION 3
Wireless Guitar Controller for Guitar Hero to be Available Worldwide
FREMONT, Calif. - May 12, 2009 - Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) today announced the Logitech® Wireless Guitar Controller for PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems. Featuring authentic materials - including a wood neck and body, a rosewood fingerboard and metal frets - the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller is for gamers who truly want to play like a rock star.
Following the introduction of the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller, Premiere Edition (previously available only in select markets), the new black guitar controller is expected to be available worldwide later this month. The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller is licensed by Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) for the award-winning Guitar Hero® franchise.
"Logitech's new guitar controller delivers the same unparalleled Guitar Hero experience offered by our previous premiere edition to an even broader group of gamers and at a great value," said Ruben Mookerjee, Logitech's director of product marketing for gaming. "Everything about the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller is premium - from the authentic wood material and flawless black finish, to the noise-dampening design of the strum bar and buttons, to the authentic accents provided by the metal frets."
The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller offers a one-piece contoured wood body preferred by many of the world's leading rock guitarists. For reduced button noise, Logitech uses rubber dome technology on the fret board controls, the same material used in its award-winning keyboards. The guitar controller also incorporates a touch-sensitive slider, located on the neck of the guitar controller so you can rack up the points.
So you'll be free to go where the music moves you, the Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller lets you jam at a range of up to 30 feet from the console and offers hundreds of hours of battery life.
The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller will be available in a pristine black finish complemented with a glossy black pick guard.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech Wireless Guitar Controller for PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems is expected to be available this month in the U.S. for a retail price of $199.99 (U.S.) and will be available in Europe in June.
Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music, home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).
Latest News Posts
- LG's new Watch Urbane is a seriously slick piece of smartwatch
- Hands-on with the Xperia Z4 Tablet, Sony's best tablet yet
- Lenovo announces the VIBE Shot at MWC 2015, a 2-in-1 camera smartphone
- Set off 'John Wick' in our Blu-ray giveaway, thanks to Roadshow
- Samsung's Galaxy S6 is demolishing the competition in early benchmarks
- GIGABYTE X99-UD4 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- ScaleUp 3,000mAh Portable Battery with LCD Review
- x79s-up5 f3 bios
- ASRock B85M-ITX + Nofan CR-95C?
- Western Digital My Cloud DL4100 SMB NAS Review
- Phanteks Announces Enthoo EVOLV ITX Chassis
- SanDisk Unveils the World's Highest Capacity microSD Card
- SanDisk Announces iNAND 7132 e.MMC Storage with 1 Gbps Transfer Rates
- SanDisk Intros Two Smartphone-friendly Flash Drives
- SanDisk Intros First Memory Cards Designed for Dashcams