AMD Releases WHQL Certified Graphics Driver For Windows 7 on Day One of Windows 7 Logo Program
-WHQL certification delivers the stamp of approval to AMD graphics drivers, ensuring that the combination of ATI Radeon graphics cards and drivers delivers an incredibly stable, high-performance Windows 7 experience-
Sydney, Australia - May 8, 2009 - Underlining the company's leadership in developing hardware and drivers to support the Windows® 7 operating system, AMD (NYSE:AMD) today announced that its Windows 7 driver has received Windows Hardware Quality Lab (WHQL) certification on the first day of the certifying program.
WHQL certification sets a high bar for quality and reliability, and is considered essential by many home and business users.
WHQL certification demonstrates AMD's ability to deliver the stability, incredible 3D game performance and smooth multimedia playback needed in order to help bring the new features of Windows 7 to life.
As a testament to its ongoing commitment to reliability and stability, AMD is the only graphics hardware company in the world delivering monthly WHQL-certified graphics driver updates.
For users of ATI Radeon HD 2000, HD 3000, and HD 4000 series products, the ATI Catalyst software suite delivers:
Industry-leading driver stability and reliability.
Full WDDM 1.1 WHQL certified support under Windows 7.
Scheduled performance and new feature innovation every month.
Enablement of ATI Stream technology for general purpose GPU (GPGPU) computing on supported graphics cards.
"By delivering a WHQL certified driver for the Windows 7 operating system at the earliest possible opportunity, AMD has once again demonstrated its driver leadership," said Ben Bar-Haim, corporate vice president, Software Engineering, AMD. "AMD is working closely with Microsoft to ensure superior performance and a reliable Windows 7 experience throughout our line of graphics processors."
Microsoft WHQL certified graphics drivers for Windows 7 are scheduled for release on AMD.com on May 5, 2009, and a fully unified WHQL-certified driver supporting Windows Vista and Windows 7 is planned for the release of ATI Catalyst 9.5 later in May.
To learn more about the first AMD WHQL certified graphics driver for Windows 7, please visit http://www.amd.com
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
©2009, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, Catalyst, Radeon, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC intros two new ZBOX R Series mini PCs
- Jeremy Clarkson in first post Top Gear interview accepts some blame
- Artist leaves Naughty Dog for Ubisoft, comes back to Naughty Dog
- MSI boasts world's first Microsoft Windows 10 certification
- Japan submits a solid entry to the Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational
- be quiet! Pure Rock CPU Cooler Review
- I have an AsRock330, how upgradeable?
- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA III M.2 SSD Review
- Help with defective case
- Stuttering issues after F8 BIOS update GA-Z87-HD3
- Razer Introduces the Firefly Gaming Mousepad with Customizable Lighting FX
- MSI First Motherboard Brand to be Windows 10 Certified
- EK Releases New Supremacy EVO X99 LGA2011v3 Water Block
- Tech Source Releases Condor 4000 3U VPX Graphics Card for GPGPU Applications
- Anidees AI6 v2 Chassis Starts Selling