AMD Tightens Organization Focus on Microprocessor, Graphics, and Platform Leadership
AMD announced a new operating model that centers the organization on four equally critical functions: products, technology, marketing and customers. The new structure is designed to better optimize AMD's operations to drive industry-leading performance graphics and microprocessors and further integrate the company's x86 processor and graphics technologies.
"We are tightening our focus on delivering the winning products and platforms our customers want based on AMD's industry-leading microprocessor and graphics technologies," said Dirk Meyer, AMD president and CEO. "The next generation of innovation in the computing industry will be grounded in the fusion of microprocessor and graphics technologies. With these changes, we are putting the right organization in place to help enable the future of computing."
Meyer organized the company around these four operating teams. The rest of Meyer's direct reports remain unchanged.
- A products group led by Rick Bergman, 45: This new group is responsible for delivering all of AMD's platforms and products and aligning the graphics and microprocessor product development groups into a single unified organization. Jeff VerHeul, 50, will head the Processor Solutions Engineering team, to deliver AMD's platform silicon and improve time-to-market and innovation for near-term roadmaps.
- An Advanced Technology Group, led by Chekib Akrout, 51: This new group will focus on developing AMD's future technology innovation.
- A marketing group, led by Nigel Dessau, 44: The singular marketing group will drive cohesive and consistent external messaging across all of AMD's products and platforms.
-A customer group, led by Emilio Ghilardi, 51: The sales organization is responsible for expanding AMD's customer relationships globally.
The company also announced that Randy Allen, senior vice president, Computing Solutions Group, has decided to leave the company.
"Randy has been an important engineering and business leader who has played a key role in many of AMD's most significant achievements in recent years," said Meyer. "We wish him well in his future endeavors."
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- IN WIN modders have created some truly beautiful custom PCs
- IN WIN's Mod in Taiwan event kicks off, with the world's best modders
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- Z170 Fatal1ty Gaming K4 & 950 NVMe M.2 SSD question
- Problem entering bios on new build
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 - Titan X Performance For Under $400
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- Tt eSPORTS unveils the new Level 10 Advanced gaming mouse
- EVGA announces its GeForce GTX 1080 series
- Palit announces the GeForce GTX 1080 GameRock and Super JetStream
- Manli announces its GeForce GTX 1080 Founder's Edition video card
- ASUS announces the ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080