AMD Tightens Organization Focus on Microprocessor, Graphics, and Platform Leadership
AMD announced a new operating model that centers the organization on four equally critical functions: products, technology, marketing and customers. The new structure is designed to better optimize AMD's operations to drive industry-leading performance graphics and microprocessors and further integrate the company's x86 processor and graphics technologies.
"We are tightening our focus on delivering the winning products and platforms our customers want based on AMD's industry-leading microprocessor and graphics technologies," said Dirk Meyer, AMD president and CEO. "The next generation of innovation in the computing industry will be grounded in the fusion of microprocessor and graphics technologies. With these changes, we are putting the right organization in place to help enable the future of computing."
Meyer organized the company around these four operating teams. The rest of Meyer's direct reports remain unchanged.
- A products group led by Rick Bergman, 45: This new group is responsible for delivering all of AMD's platforms and products and aligning the graphics and microprocessor product development groups into a single unified organization. Jeff VerHeul, 50, will head the Processor Solutions Engineering team, to deliver AMD's platform silicon and improve time-to-market and innovation for near-term roadmaps.
- An Advanced Technology Group, led by Chekib Akrout, 51: This new group will focus on developing AMD's future technology innovation.
- A marketing group, led by Nigel Dessau, 44: The singular marketing group will drive cohesive and consistent external messaging across all of AMD's products and platforms.
-A customer group, led by Emilio Ghilardi, 51: The sales organization is responsible for expanding AMD's customer relationships globally.
The company also announced that Randy Allen, senior vice president, Computing Solutions Group, has decided to leave the company.
"Randy has been an important engineering and business leader who has played a key role in many of AMD's most significant achievements in recent years," said Meyer. "We wish him well in his future endeavors."
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- How Fallout 4's perk system might work
- The fully-optioned Tesla Model X electric SUV costs a huge $143,750
- Toshiba announces 12.5' Satellite Radius 12 2-in-1 convertible laptop
- Halo 5 opening cinematic teases a bunch of stuff you can't do in-game
- The new Nexus 5 will feature 1080p display, 6-core CPU and USB Type-C
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- carvedilol 3.125 mg information. Purchase online.
- Im happy I now signed up
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015