Cyberlink MediaShow Espresso Uses NVIDIA GPUs And CUDA Technology For Faster Video Encoding
What: NVIDIA today announced that Cyberlink has released its MediaShow Espresso, an easy to use software application that converts digital video for playback on different portable devices, such as the iPod, iPhone, or PSP at very high speeds with excellent quality. By accessing the massively parallel processing power of the NVIDIA CUDA computing architecture built inside all currently shipping NVIDIA Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) and over 100 million already in the market, MediaShow Espresso reduces video encoding time by up to ten times. As a result of performing the required processing on the NVIDIA CUDA-enabled GPUs, MediaShow Espresso converts videos in a fraction of the usual time, dramatically reducing the length of time convert an HD video for use on a portable media player.
CUDA is NVIDIA's GPU computing architecture for massively parallel processing. The first CUDA GPU was introduced in November 2006 with the GeForce® 8800 and has been in every new GPU since, with more than 118 million CUDA-enabled GPUs in the market today.
When: Tuesday, April 28, 2008.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break is exclusive to the Windows Store, won't reach Steam
- The PC Gaming Show is coming back, will take place during E3 2016
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 / CPU non-k bios support?
- ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M cannot boot
- Just want to say Hi.
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives