Cyberlink MediaShow Espresso Uses NVIDIA GPUs And CUDA Technology For Faster Video Encoding
What: NVIDIA today announced that Cyberlink has released its MediaShow Espresso, an easy to use software application that converts digital video for playback on different portable devices, such as the iPod, iPhone, or PSP at very high speeds with excellent quality. By accessing the massively parallel processing power of the NVIDIA CUDA computing architecture built inside all currently shipping NVIDIA Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) and over 100 million already in the market, MediaShow Espresso reduces video encoding time by up to ten times. As a result of performing the required processing on the NVIDIA CUDA-enabled GPUs, MediaShow Espresso converts videos in a fraction of the usual time, dramatically reducing the length of time convert an HD video for use on a portable media player.
CUDA is NVIDIA's GPU computing architecture for massively parallel processing. The first CUDA GPU was introduced in November 2006 with the GeForce® 8800 and has been in every new GPU since, with more than 118 million CUDA-enabled GPUs in the market today.
When: Tuesday, April 28, 2008.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Project Cars 2 is rumored to already be in development
- Criminals receiving bitcoin ransom payments converting money fast
- LG's G4 should cost around $800, a little more than the Galaxy S6 edge
- Lenovo's new K80 smartphone features 4GB of RAM, 4000mAh battery
- Vin Diesel announces 'Fast & Furious 8' with an April 2017 release
- ASRock C226 WS graphics output resolution support
- Patriot FUEL iON Magnetic Charging Pad Review
- Motherboard GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
- SilverStone Fortress SST-FT05B-W Full-Tower Chassis Review
- Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 Error Code 10 and 15
- Acer Launches World's First Curved Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC Technology
- Endless possibilities...Introducing the Fractal Define S!
- BIOSTAR brings out the Small but Powerful Hi-Fi B85S1 Motherboard
- ASUS Announces that All its Z97 and X99 Motherboards Support NVMe
- AquaComputer Announces New Water-blocks for NVIDIA GTX Titan X