Cyberlink MediaShow Espresso Uses NVIDIA GPUs And CUDA Technology For Faster Video Encoding
What: NVIDIA today announced that Cyberlink has released its MediaShow Espresso, an easy to use software application that converts digital video for playback on different portable devices, such as the iPod, iPhone, or PSP at very high speeds with excellent quality. By accessing the massively parallel processing power of the NVIDIA CUDA computing architecture built inside all currently shipping NVIDIA Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) and over 100 million already in the market, MediaShow Espresso reduces video encoding time by up to ten times. As a result of performing the required processing on the NVIDIA CUDA-enabled GPUs, MediaShow Espresso converts videos in a fraction of the usual time, dramatically reducing the length of time convert an HD video for use on a portable media player.
CUDA is NVIDIA's GPU computing architecture for massively parallel processing. The first CUDA GPU was introduced in November 2006 with the GeForce® 8800 and has been in every new GPU since, with more than 118 million CUDA-enabled GPUs in the market today.
When: Tuesday, April 28, 2008.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard will soon offer no subscriptions for World of Warcraft
- Apple rumored to launch its new 12-inch Retina MacBook Air in Q2 2015
- Sony not worried about the price of its VR headset during development
- Valve confirms it is experimenting around with Half-Life in VR
- Rock Band 4 announced, will hit the Xbox One and PS4 end of this year
- EP45-UD3R bios settings for mixture of SSD, SATA, and IDE drives
- Inateck FE2006 2.5" USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- PC crashing after GA X97M D3H 7c Bios
- 775i65G asus mb sata issues
- slow ssd's
- Razer Makes Razer Chroma SDK Available
- ESL Releases First Mobile App for Events
- ADATA Launches IHSS312 Industrial Half-Slim SSD
- Logitech Announces G303 Daedalus Apex Performance Edition Gaming Mouse
- G.SKILL Announces 2nd Annual "OC World Cup 2015" Overclocking Competition