Cyberlink MediaShow Espresso Uses NVIDIA GPUs And CUDA Technology For Faster Video Encoding
What: NVIDIA today announced that Cyberlink has released its MediaShow Espresso, an easy to use software application that converts digital video for playback on different portable devices, such as the iPod, iPhone, or PSP at very high speeds with excellent quality. By accessing the massively parallel processing power of the NVIDIA CUDA computing architecture built inside all currently shipping NVIDIA Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) and over 100 million already in the market, MediaShow Espresso reduces video encoding time by up to ten times. As a result of performing the required processing on the NVIDIA CUDA-enabled GPUs, MediaShow Espresso converts videos in a fraction of the usual time, dramatically reducing the length of time convert an HD video for use on a portable media player.
CUDA is NVIDIA's GPU computing architecture for massively parallel processing. The first CUDA GPU was introduced in November 2006 with the GeForce® 8800 and has been in every new GPU since, with more than 118 million CUDA-enabled GPUs in the market today.
When: Tuesday, April 28, 2008.
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com.
Latest News Posts
- Project Sonic announced for PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo NX
- AMD to have a massive volume launch of next-gen Zen CPUs in early 2017
- Facebook CEO says 'AR will be where VR' is today in 5-10 years
- Microsoft 'couldn't focus' enough in order to make a portable Xbox
- Witcher 3 first person mod released, looking good
- Ghostbusters (2016) Cinema Movie Review
- Why do I have trouble starting my machine?
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard