TriGem Debuts New 12-inch $699 Averatec N2700 Notebook
TriGem USA today announced the expansion of its mobile computing line with a new 12-inch Averatec N2700 notebook, featuring a 2 GHz Intel dual-core processor, 250 GB hard drive, 4 GB of memory, Microsoft Vista Home Premium and an 8X super-multi DVD optical drive. The notebook, which is currently shipping, is offered at an MSRP of $699.
"The N2700 notebook is an ideal solution for consumers looking for the sweet spot in terms of price, portability and performance," said Henry Hewitt, vice president of sales at TriGem USA. "It's larger and more powerful than a typical netbook computer and offers great portability over notebooks sporting 13-inch screens and larger."
The Averatec N2700 features a super-slim design with a top-performing Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2 GHz processor. It has been designed to maximize performance by minimizing pre-installed software bundles of demo programs and trial software, often called "bloatware."
The new Averatec notebook is ideal for professionals, college students and other mobile users who travel or need a very capable computer that is right-sized for either the briefcase or backpack. The notebook comes with 4 GB RAM and the 64-bit edition of Windows Vista Home Premium, a higher-performing version of the Microsoft operating system. It features built-in 802.11b/g wireless connectivity along with 10/100/1000 Mb/s wired networking. In addition to the three high-speed USB 2.0 ports, the N2700 includes an IEEE 1384 port for connecting to camcorders, external hard drives and other high-speed firewire devices.
"We listened to our customers when we designed this new 12-inch notebook," Hewitt said. "They wanted solid performance at a great value without excess in the way of 'try-and-buy' software add-ons. So we have delivered a 'back-to-the-basics' notebook with a very robust Intel dual-core processor, plenty of memory and a sizable hard drive for storing documents, photos, video and music."
Averatec's products are backed by a one-year limited warranty and one-year of technical support available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time.
Specifications - Model N2700
Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 2.0 GHz dual-core processor
4 GB DDR2, 800 MHz
250 GB SATA
SuperMulti 8X Dual-layer DVD/CD reader-burner
Three high-speed USB 2.0 ports, one IEEE 1384 (firewire) port, microphone input jack, headphone/external output jack, D15 VGA external display output, 4-in-1 memory card reader (MS/MS PRO/MMC/SD)
802.11b/g wireless, RJ45 10/100/1000 Mb/s wired Ethernet LAN
Intel GMA X4500HD
Integrated 1.3 megapixel
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
11.6?(W) x 8.9?(D) x 1.2?(H)
Latest News Posts
- Google exec amongst thousands killed in Nepal quake
- Nate Mitchell from Oculus will speak at Disrupt NY about all things VR
- Gears of War remaster in development for the Xbox One by Splash Damage
- Guillermo del Toro says that Silent Hills "is not gonna happen"
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is official, beta available soon
- Error when updating Intel Management Engine software for Ivy Bridge CPU install
- XMP Memory
- Syllable G700 Noise Reduction Hi-Fi Bluetooth Headphones Review
- G1.Sniper M3 - No "Windows Boot Manager".
- X99 UD5 motherboard SLI disabled everytime after updating bios to F9
- GeIL Announces Super Luce DDR4 Enthusiast Memory Series
- X2 Introduces the ISOLATIC Chassis
- Acer Delivers 15.6-inch Budget-Friendly Chromebook
- Thermaltake Debuts Full Range of Radiators The Pacific RL and R Series Optimized for Maximum Heat Dispatching
- GALAX Launches Liquid-Cooled HOF GTX 970 and GTX 980 Graphics Cards