Hynix Announces High Speed, Low Power 50nm-class DDR2 DRAM
Hynix Semiconductor, Inc. announced that it has developed the world's first mobile 1Gb DDR2 DRAM using 54nm process technology. By successfully developing a 50nm-class process, Hynix has overcome the challenge of producing mobile DRAMs with both high speed and low power consumption features.
This device is offered at a maximum speed of 1066MHz, and with 32-bit I/O, boasts bandwidth of 4.26GB/s(Giga byte per second) on a single channel device and 8.52GB/s on a dual channel. Hynix's 'One Chip Solution' design, offers the customer flexible options with 2-bit or 4-bit prefetch, and 16 or 32-bit I/O on a single chip. Additionally, Hynix's new mobile DDR2 is an eco-friendly device since it consumes only 50% of power compared to the previous generation mobile DDR, and 30% compared to standard DDR2 DRAM.
The product complies with the JEDEC standards, and is well suited for next generation mobile applications such as MID (Mobile Internet Device), NetBooks and High-end smartphones requiring high bandwidth and extended battery life.
The product is available in JEDEC standard packages and also in custom packages to meet a wide range of user requirements. Hynix plans to start mass production of this product in the second half of this year to satisfy the increasing demand for high performance mobile applications.
Latest News Posts
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Mass Effect Andromeda PC requirements released
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications