VIA Announces 4Q'08 Results
VIA Technologies, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced financial results for fourth quarter 2008. Net sales for 4Q'08 and 4Q'07were NT$ 1,465 million and NT$ 2,502million respectively. Net income for the two quarters were negative NT$ 1,954 million and negative NT$ 2,310 million respectively; based on the weight average shares outstanding of 1,291.517 million shares and 1,291.239 million shares, earnings per share were reported as negative NT$1.51 and negative NT$1.79 for 4Q'08 and 4Q'07 respectively.
For the whole year 2008, net sales totaled NT$ 7,927 million and net income for the year was negative NT$ 4,016 million; based on weight average shares outstanding of 1,291.517 million shares, earnings per share for the year were reported at negative NT$3.11.
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- Slack rolling out two-factor authentication after data breach
- Hotels embracing RFID finding plenty of upside to tracking technology
- Rockstar Games makes us drool with more GTA 5 PC images in 4K
- Drones are being enjoyed by Hollywood, filming unique shots
- Growing number of people in US embracing mobile banking apps, services
- Jenkins J10 Black Earphones Review - $3 can go a long way
- Z68 bios update to 2.2 no win boot.. where is old bios (1.40)
- KLevv Genuine 2666MHz DDR3 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- X99 USB3.0 boot loop / general USB issues (Gaming 7 WIFI)
- 970 pro3+ crazy temps
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi