VIA Announces 4Q'08 Results
VIA Technologies, a leading innovator of power efficient x86 processor platforms, today announced financial results for fourth quarter 2008. Net sales for 4Q'08 and 4Q'07were NT$ 1,465 million and NT$ 2,502million respectively. Net income for the two quarters were negative NT$ 1,954 million and negative NT$ 2,310 million respectively; based on the weight average shares outstanding of 1,291.517 million shares and 1,291.239 million shares, earnings per share were reported as negative NT$1.51 and negative NT$1.79 for 4Q'08 and 4Q'07 respectively.
For the whole year 2008, net sales totaled NT$ 7,927 million and net income for the year was negative NT$ 4,016 million; based on weight average shares outstanding of 1,291.517 million shares, earnings per share for the year were reported at negative NT$3.11.
About VIA Technologies, Inc.
VIA Technologies, Inc is the foremost fabless supplier of power efficient x86 processor platforms that are driving system innovation in the PC, client, ultra mobile and embedded markets. Combining energy-saving processors with digital media chipsets and advanced connectivity, multimedia and networking silicon enables a broad spectrum of computing and communication platforms, including its widely acclaimed ultra compact mainboards. Headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan, VIA's global network links the high tech centers of the US, Europe and Asia, and its customer base includes the world's top OEMs and system integrators. http://www.via.com.tw
Latest News Posts
- Switch Pro controller can be used to play PC games
- Xbox One gets $10 EA Access-like subscription service
- The Xenomorph is unleashed in new 'Alien' trailer
- NVIDIA announces its new GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
- Bethesda optimizing games for AMD's Ryzen and Vega tech
- IPMI on E3C226D2I
- Site & Forum impressions
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Massive, Lightstorm and Fox Interactive team up for a game based on Avatar universe
- FutureMark reveals new VR and server benchmarking tools
- LG preparing VR HMD
- Dolby Laboratories and LG Electronics announce first smartphone to support Dolby Vision
- Meet the HUAWEI P10, a stunning combination of technology and art