New Workstations Benefit from Performance and Reliability of ATI FirePro 3D Professional Graphics
- Specifically designed for engineering, animation and digital imaging professionals, AMD graphics accelerators enable OEMs to deliver workstation configurations that better meet customers' performance needs -
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- April 23, 2009 --AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that its entire line of industry leading ATI FirePro professional graphics accelerators are powering all-new OEM workstations for engineering, digital content creation and science professionals. AMD helps ensure that its ATI FirePro professional graphics accelerators maximize application performance and reliability by performing over 90 certifications with leading application providers such as Autodesk and Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks.
"The Dell Precision T7500, T5500 and T3500 and ATI FirePro graphics deliver an excellent balance of value and performance to workstation professionals," said Greg Weir, senior manager, Dell Product Group. "Dell, the world's leading supplier of workstations, is working with ATI to deliver workstation solutions that are reliable and scalable."
"AMD's cutting-edge workstation graphics technologies are fast and reliable, which makes them perfectly aligned with the performance attributes of the Lenovo ThinkStation," said Jon W. Heim, Enterprise Business Unit, Lenovo. "Expanding our graphics portfolio to include ATI FirePro graphics gives our users a complete range of graphics capabilities to take on any demanding task."
"Workstation users, who appreciate the value of a combined solution, demand reliable performance and systems that operate in harmony with leading applications," said Janet Matsuda, senior director, AMD Professional Graphics. "With ATI FirePro professional graphics, Dell and Lenovo are well equipped to meet the demands of professionals by accelerating their software application freeing people to create and innovate rather than wait for their computer to catch up."
ATI FirePro V3750, ATI FirePro V5700 and ATI FirePro V8700 3D accelerators are immediately available with the new Dell Precision T3500, T5500 and T7500 workstations, delivering ultimate performance for workstation class applications. Additionally, ATI FirePro V3700, V5700 and V7750 graphics accelerators are available with the Lenovo ThinkStation D20 and S20 workstations, giving customers professional-strength performance in order to do more, faster.
Designed and engineered to operate in a wide range of professional operating environments, including Microsoft Windows® XP, Windows Vista® and Linux, ATI FirePro 3D graphics accelerators are thoroughly tested and certified at AMD test labs based on industry standards. AMD works closely with leading ISV partners, including Autodesk and Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp., to implement optimizations that enable their software solutions to help take better advantage of the latest hardware developments.
To hear more about the optimizations AMD and its ISV partners are making, check out new videos from Redway3d, MSC Software, Dassault Systèmes Solidworks, CEI and PTC.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Latest News Posts
- Julian Assange won't be given asylum in France
- Free Course! Learn Essential Programming Skills for Entrepreneurs
- Star Wars: Battlefront screenshots in 4K look absolutely incredible
- Stealing keys through the help of 3D printing is a possibility
- Sharkoon offers a mouse and bungee with USB hub for under $55
- Define S 47 [Buildlog 03.07.2015]
- Power loss - Event 41 Kernel Power
- ASRock Beebox (N3000) Fanless Small Form Factor PC Review
- AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Video Cards in CrossFire
- Akitio Thunder2 Quad Mini External Storage Enclosure Review
- Sharkoon Gamer Mouse with Bungee Hub - MSRP 47.99 Euros
- SMITE on Xbox One will have Australian Servers with Open Beta launch next Week
- Marble Monster is intensively addicting and action packed!
- ROCCAT Announces Taito Control Gaming Mousepad
- Lite-On Introduces Low Latency M.2 PCIe SSDs for Cloud Vendors