ADAPTEC SERIES 5 UNIFIED SERIAL® (SATA/SAS) RAID CONTROLLER FAMILY to SUPPORT VMWARE vSPHERE
Adaptec Works with VMware to Further Next-Generation Computing and Enable Customers to Benefit from the Cloud OS
MILPITAS, Calif., April 21, 2009 - Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT), a global leader in storage solutions and VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program member, today announced immediate support for VMware vSphere. Adaptec's Series 5 Unified Serial (SATA/SAS) RAID Controller Family is supported natively via an in-box driver, ready for immediate installation. Launched today, VMware vSphere is the industry's first cloud operating system, transforming datacenters into dramatically simplified cloud infrastructures to enable the next generation of flexible, reliable IT services. VMware vSphere gives customers uncompromising control, with greater efficiency, while preserving customer choice.
By supporting VMware vSphere, Adaptec can further extend the value of its Series 5 Unified Serial (SATA/SAS) RAID Controller Family into customers' next-generation datacenters and help enable customers to manage large collections of infrastructure - including CPUs, storage and networking - as a seamless, flexible and dynamic cloud environment.
"We are pleased that Adaptec has taken this next step to helping provide customers with a more flexible, reliable and scalable computing environment," said Bernie Mills, senior director, alliance programs, VMware. "By supporting VMware vSphere, our partners can further enable increased efficiency, control and choice for customers."
"Virtualization and cloud computing environments are constantly changing and adapting to meet the demands of growing enterprises, and VMware vSphere provides the most feature-rich solution available today to meet and exceed these growing needs," said Scott Cleland, director of marketing, Adaptec. "Our support of VMware vSphere is an indication of our commitment to our customer base, allowing customers to easily enhance the scalability and reliability of cloud computing data centers, and thereby delivering cost-effective, high-performance solutions for increasing data storage access in virtualization environments."
Adaptec provides trusted storage solutions that reliably move, manage, and protect critical data and digital content. Adaptec's software and hardware-based solutions are delivered through leading channel partners and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to provide storage connectivity, data protection, and networked storage to enterprises, government organizations, medium and small businesses worldwide. More information is available at http://www.adaptec.com.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- Final Fantasy XV ships five million units in first day
- SSD costs expected to rise by 6-10% in early 2017
- Playdead drops Inside game demo free via Steam site
- Small patch for No Man's Sky incoming
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair