ADAPTEC SERIES 5 UNIFIED SERIAL® (SATA/SAS) RAID CONTROLLER FAMILY to SUPPORT VMWARE vSPHERE
Adaptec Works with VMware to Further Next-Generation Computing and Enable Customers to Benefit from the Cloud OS
MILPITAS, Calif., April 21, 2009 - Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT), a global leader in storage solutions and VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program member, today announced immediate support for VMware vSphere. Adaptec's Series 5 Unified Serial (SATA/SAS) RAID Controller Family is supported natively via an in-box driver, ready for immediate installation. Launched today, VMware vSphere is the industry's first cloud operating system, transforming datacenters into dramatically simplified cloud infrastructures to enable the next generation of flexible, reliable IT services. VMware vSphere gives customers uncompromising control, with greater efficiency, while preserving customer choice.
By supporting VMware vSphere, Adaptec can further extend the value of its Series 5 Unified Serial (SATA/SAS) RAID Controller Family into customers' next-generation datacenters and help enable customers to manage large collections of infrastructure - including CPUs, storage and networking - as a seamless, flexible and dynamic cloud environment.
"We are pleased that Adaptec has taken this next step to helping provide customers with a more flexible, reliable and scalable computing environment," said Bernie Mills, senior director, alliance programs, VMware. "By supporting VMware vSphere, our partners can further enable increased efficiency, control and choice for customers."
"Virtualization and cloud computing environments are constantly changing and adapting to meet the demands of growing enterprises, and VMware vSphere provides the most feature-rich solution available today to meet and exceed these growing needs," said Scott Cleland, director of marketing, Adaptec. "Our support of VMware vSphere is an indication of our commitment to our customer base, allowing customers to easily enhance the scalability and reliability of cloud computing data centers, and thereby delivering cost-effective, high-performance solutions for increasing data storage access in virtualization environments."
Adaptec provides trusted storage solutions that reliably move, manage, and protect critical data and digital content. Adaptec's software and hardware-based solutions are delivered through leading channel partners and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to provide storage connectivity, data protection, and networked storage to enterprises, government organizations, medium and small businesses worldwide. More information is available at http://www.adaptec.com.
Latest News Posts
- Nanomaterial charges phones, electric cars in SECONDS
- Qualcomm's next-gen Snapdragon 845 teased
- Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 lets you land on the moon
- Intel Core i9-7960X benchmarks: 16C/32T 'Skylake-X' CPU
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4