ADAPTEC SERIES 5 UNIFIED SERIAL® (SATA/SAS) RAID CONTROLLER FAMILY to SUPPORT VMWARE vSPHERE
Adaptec Works with VMware to Further Next-Generation Computing and Enable Customers to Benefit from the Cloud OS
MILPITAS, Calif., April 21, 2009 - Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT), a global leader in storage solutions and VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program member, today announced immediate support for VMware vSphere. Adaptec's Series 5 Unified Serial (SATA/SAS) RAID Controller Family is supported natively via an in-box driver, ready for immediate installation. Launched today, VMware vSphere is the industry's first cloud operating system, transforming datacenters into dramatically simplified cloud infrastructures to enable the next generation of flexible, reliable IT services. VMware vSphere gives customers uncompromising control, with greater efficiency, while preserving customer choice.
By supporting VMware vSphere, Adaptec can further extend the value of its Series 5 Unified Serial (SATA/SAS) RAID Controller Family into customers' next-generation datacenters and help enable customers to manage large collections of infrastructure - including CPUs, storage and networking - as a seamless, flexible and dynamic cloud environment.
"We are pleased that Adaptec has taken this next step to helping provide customers with a more flexible, reliable and scalable computing environment," said Bernie Mills, senior director, alliance programs, VMware. "By supporting VMware vSphere, our partners can further enable increased efficiency, control and choice for customers."
"Virtualization and cloud computing environments are constantly changing and adapting to meet the demands of growing enterprises, and VMware vSphere provides the most feature-rich solution available today to meet and exceed these growing needs," said Scott Cleland, director of marketing, Adaptec. "Our support of VMware vSphere is an indication of our commitment to our customer base, allowing customers to easily enhance the scalability and reliability of cloud computing data centers, and thereby delivering cost-effective, high-performance solutions for increasing data storage access in virtualization environments."
Adaptec provides trusted storage solutions that reliably move, manage, and protect critical data and digital content. Adaptec's software and hardware-based solutions are delivered through leading channel partners and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to provide storage connectivity, data protection, and networked storage to enterprises, government organizations, medium and small businesses worldwide. More information is available at http://www.adaptec.com.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- SAPPHIRE announces RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition
- Oppo R11 launch date and first images of the phone leak
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017