ADAPTEC SERIES 5 UNIFIED SERIAL® (SATA/SAS) RAID CONTROLLER FAMILY to SUPPORT VMWARE vSPHERE
Adaptec Works with VMware to Further Next-Generation Computing and Enable Customers to Benefit from the Cloud OS
MILPITAS, Calif., April 21, 2009 - Adaptec, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADPT), a global leader in storage solutions and VMware Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program member, today announced immediate support for VMware vSphere. Adaptec's Series 5 Unified Serial (SATA/SAS) RAID Controller Family is supported natively via an in-box driver, ready for immediate installation. Launched today, VMware vSphere is the industry's first cloud operating system, transforming datacenters into dramatically simplified cloud infrastructures to enable the next generation of flexible, reliable IT services. VMware vSphere gives customers uncompromising control, with greater efficiency, while preserving customer choice.
By supporting VMware vSphere, Adaptec can further extend the value of its Series 5 Unified Serial (SATA/SAS) RAID Controller Family into customers' next-generation datacenters and help enable customers to manage large collections of infrastructure - including CPUs, storage and networking - as a seamless, flexible and dynamic cloud environment.
"We are pleased that Adaptec has taken this next step to helping provide customers with a more flexible, reliable and scalable computing environment," said Bernie Mills, senior director, alliance programs, VMware. "By supporting VMware vSphere, our partners can further enable increased efficiency, control and choice for customers."
"Virtualization and cloud computing environments are constantly changing and adapting to meet the demands of growing enterprises, and VMware vSphere provides the most feature-rich solution available today to meet and exceed these growing needs," said Scott Cleland, director of marketing, Adaptec. "Our support of VMware vSphere is an indication of our commitment to our customer base, allowing customers to easily enhance the scalability and reliability of cloud computing data centers, and thereby delivering cost-effective, high-performance solutions for increasing data storage access in virtualization environments."
Adaptec provides trusted storage solutions that reliably move, manage, and protect critical data and digital content. Adaptec's software and hardware-based solutions are delivered through leading channel partners and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to provide storage connectivity, data protection, and networked storage to enterprises, government organizations, medium and small businesses worldwide. More information is available at http://www.adaptec.com.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen CPU combo with Corsair AIO cooler on Amazon
- Samsung's Galaxy S8+ sports huge 6.2-inch display
- Samsung's new Exynos 9 chip: 4K 120FPS camera tech
- The latest photos and details on AMD Radeon Vega
- AMD reboots itself with Ryzen, and Vega is next
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- Does anyone from Thermaltake view this forum anymore?
- Is any one from Thermaltake viewing this forum anymore?
- Lian Li A61 5.25 devices
- Z270 Supercarrier - blackscreen 09/d0, cannot switch to backup BIOS
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications
- Transcend announces Ultimate UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) microSD cards to support 4K Ultra HD video recording
- Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest culminates with the journey eastward in Stormblood