Lancool Introduces PC-K6 mid-size ATX System Case
Lancool launched the PC-K6 mid-size ATX system case. Its salient features include:
- Aluminum shell, with steel core
- 4x HDD bays with special HDD tool-less bracket
- PSU mounted high (back), supports large PSU's
- 2x fans; 140mm intake (front-low); 120mm exhaust (back-high)
- Removable, anti-vibration, silent front panel
The PC- K6 midi chassis is launched under the Lancool brand. Incorporating outstanding quality and craftsmanship; the Lancool series have a steel inner-core, making them stronger than all-aluminum chassis, but also considerably cheaper.
The strength of the Lancool series lies not only in the structure, but also in the features, which include support for 4x 3.5" internal HDD's fitted in a patented anti-vibration, tool-less mounting, with special rubber grommets to secure the thumb screws which are mounted onto the HDD securing bracket. The HDD securing bracket snugly supports the HDD in rubber insulation, while acting as a heatsink, drawing off the heat generated by those super fast HDD's. The HDD's are accessed from the side.
The front panel has special clips to secure it vibration free into place giving the chassis a finely crafted look and feel. The PSU is mounted at the back top and has a special support bracket to secure your PSU against any movement. It also supports extra big PSU's conveniently. Transporting the case should be hassle free with everything securely in place.
The Lancool products include an all aluminum chassis exterior, giving the case the traditional hair-line brushed finish with black anodizing, while the internals have finely honed edges to keep up high safety standards.
The PC- K6 has been designed for the LAN power user, so they are wide and rigid, using the minimalist style where every aspect is well thought out and has a specific purpose, especially if you are a modder. The outer shell; all in aluminum, is easily cut and modified, while the internal core; made of steel is 40% stronger than an all-aluminum case. The added rigidity makes these cases ideal for carting around to LAN's.
The PC-K6 has a120mm extraction fan (1000RPM) at the back, and a 140mm intake fan (900RPM) on the front, with silent padding on the front panel to reduce noise levels from the internal components. The chassis has special anti-vibration clips for the side panels which are placed strategically to prevent vibration.
Additional features of the PC-K6 include a removable motherboard tray for easy installation, vent holes on the PCI slot brackets, 7x PCI slots, 5x 5.25" bays (one is interchangeable with a 3.5" bay), special clips to secure ODD's tool-lessly; simply insert the ODD and it clips into place directly. There is an I/O bracket with dust cover on the top panel, with 2x USB2.0 / 1x IEEE1394 / and HD+AC97 Audio capabilities. Both chassis support full ATX and micro-ATX form factor motherboards and have a secure PSU bay designed to keep the PSU rigid during transportation.
Cable management is very easy; with special cable clips on the back of the motherboard tray to secure those in-the-way cables. The top panel can be removed or replaced and is another convenience for water cooling enthusiasts out there, who can also find a set of pre-bored holes for water pipes.
For more details on features and extras available for the Lancool K6 please visit this page. This product ships from Taiwan towards the end of July, with an MRSP of US $ 130.
Latest News Posts
- More than 20 universities join Open Source Virtual Reality movement
- YouTube begins experimenting with 4K 60FPS video playback
- Toshiba announce 48-layer 128Gbit 3D NAND, samples begin shipping
- Amazon offers unlimited storage for $60 per year with Cloud Drive
- LG's G Watch Urbane with LTE will cost around $590, launches very soon
- KLevv Genuine 2666MHz DDR3 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- X99 USB3.0 boot loop / general USB issues (Gaming 7 WIFI)
- 970 pro3+ crazy temps
- Using two different ram kits together
- Sentey Lumenata Pro Gamer Series Mouse Review
- Xilence Announces 402 C-Series CPU Coolers
- BIOSTAR reveals Hi-Fi B85Z5 Motherboard
- Acer Debuts the 15.6-Inch C910 Chromebook
- Antec Announces the VSP-5000 Case with Sound-Dampening
- MSI Launches New mini-PC - Cubi