OCZ Technology Introduces MiniPCI-Express Solid State Drives to meet the Growing Need for Mobile Storage Solutions
San Jose, CA-April 17, 2009-OCZ Technology Group, Inc., a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory and computer components, today unveiled their first miniPCI-Express Solid State Drive (SSD) Series, the affordable flash-based storage option to significantly increase the capacity for netbooks. For on the go computing professionals and students looking for an ideal storage upgrade on their ultra-portable platforms, the OCZ miniPCI-E SSD is the cost effective alternative to traditional standard storage drives as a reliable upgrade on mobile systems.
"We have developed this small form factor SSD product to ensure we are covering as many end-user solid state storage needs as possible," commented Ryan Edwards, Director of Product Management at the OCZ technology Group. "With the addition of the Mini PCI-Express series to our SSD line-up, OCZ is enabling those owners of compatible UMPC and Netbook solutions to experience the quieter, cooler, and more durable alternative to traditional notebook hard drives."
Offering your notebook the benefits of flash-based technology, The OCZ miniPCI-E delivers the reliability and silent operation of SSDs in a smaller form factor, and will be available in both SATA and PATA interfaces. Notebook upgraders can choose either the SATA version that delivers a fast 110 MB/s read and 51 MB/s write speed, or the PATA upgrade that features a maximum 45MB/sec read and 35MB/sec write speeds. Ideal for energy-efficient mobile computing to extend battery life by lowering power consumption, inproving access time, and providing an alternative to conventional hard disc drives, the OCZ miniPCI-E drive offers not only superior shock resistance but also quiet operation whether at home or on-the-go.
Compatible with the Windows XP, Vista®, and 7, and Mac OSX 10 and above, the OCZ miniPCI-E is an excellent upgrade to expand the storage capability of your netbook with ample capacities of 16GB and 32GB. All OCZ miniPCI-E drives come backed a two year warranty and OCZ's exemplary service and support.
For more information on the OCZ miniPCI-Express SSD (SATA), please visit our product page here.
For more information on the OCZ miniPCI-Express SSD (PATA), please visit our product page here.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com
Latest News Posts
- Counter Strike gets airtime on The Joe Rogan Experience
- A gamer shows us how to restart an iPhone with a text message
- Microsoft opens up cross-platform Office support for Android apps
- SpaceX will be able to launch US national security payloads into orbit
- Phanteks adds Titanium Green to its Enthoo Pro line of cases
- Mobo Software Question (SB X-Fi 7)
- Hounds Online: The Last Hope Released
- Board damaged by power supply?
- DVD drive seen in Windows 8.1 but not in BIOS
- ID-Cooling SE 214X CPU Cooler Review
- CoolIT Systems Successfully Deploys Liquid-Cooled Solution to Poznan Supercomputing & Networking Center in Partnership with Huawei and Itprojekt
- Technology Business Research joins executive roundtable addressing the business impact of data analysis
- Silicon Power Is Holding the 2015 Annual Exhibition in June
- Transcend to Showcase Car Video Recorders, Body Camera and Industrial Solutions at COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2015
- AccelStor Debuting All-Flash Arrays with 1M+ IOPS at Computex 2015