Shuttle: Power-saving Nettop with SUSE Linux Operating System
Dual-Core Processor harmonises with Open Source Operating System on the smallest footprint
Shuttle Inc., the market leader in the Mini-PC sector and manufacturer of Multi-Form-Factor solutions, is now expanding its portfolio of Mini-PCs with Open Source operating systems. The latest offshoot is the X270V complete system based on the Shuttle Barebone X27D.
As with earlier Shuttle Mini-PCs with pre-installed Linux operating system, the X270V uses openSUSE - now in version 11. All PC functions are configured after the first start-up in only a few steps and can then be used immediately. Expansion with program packages is possible at any time by a 1-Click-Installation from the openSUSE website to meet individual requirements.
"The resource-saving requirements of Linux are ideal for Nettops.", said Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH.
The tiny tot with a volume of only a few litres accommodates energy-efficient components from the mobile sector within its highly-polished, black-coated case. The X270V is driven by an Intel dual-core Atom 330 CPU with each core clocked at 1.6 GHz. Up to 2GB of DDR2 memory can be fitted for fluent work with internet and office applications.
Fast Gigabit-LAN, 6-channel audio, PS/2-connectors, serial interface, 6x USB, VGA and DVI-out, connect the X270V to peripheral devices.
The Shuttle X270V Complete System is available immediately in bespoke configurations from specialist retailers or via the Shuttle Systems Configurator. Shuttle's recommended retail price starts from EUR 299 (ex VAT). The Shuttle Systems Configurator is located at http://www.shuttle.eu/systems. Resellers can be found via the "Shuttle StoreLocator" http://www.shuttle.eu/buy.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- Help with N56VB notebook screen
- Intel MOBO with Fast POST boot time
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform