Shuttle: Power-saving Nettop with SUSE Linux Operating System
Dual-Core Processor harmonises with Open Source Operating System on the smallest footprint
Shuttle Inc., the market leader in the Mini-PC sector and manufacturer of Multi-Form-Factor solutions, is now expanding its portfolio of Mini-PCs with Open Source operating systems. The latest offshoot is the X270V complete system based on the Shuttle Barebone X27D.
As with earlier Shuttle Mini-PCs with pre-installed Linux operating system, the X270V uses openSUSE - now in version 11. All PC functions are configured after the first start-up in only a few steps and can then be used immediately. Expansion with program packages is possible at any time by a 1-Click-Installation from the openSUSE website to meet individual requirements.
"The resource-saving requirements of Linux are ideal for Nettops.", said Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH.
The tiny tot with a volume of only a few litres accommodates energy-efficient components from the mobile sector within its highly-polished, black-coated case. The X270V is driven by an Intel dual-core Atom 330 CPU with each core clocked at 1.6 GHz. Up to 2GB of DDR2 memory can be fitted for fluent work with internet and office applications.
Fast Gigabit-LAN, 6-channel audio, PS/2-connectors, serial interface, 6x USB, VGA and DVI-out, connect the X270V to peripheral devices.
The Shuttle X270V Complete System is available immediately in bespoke configurations from specialist retailers or via the Shuttle Systems Configurator. Shuttle's recommended retail price starts from EUR 299 (ex VAT). The Shuttle Systems Configurator is located at http://www.shuttle.eu/systems. Resellers can be found via the "Shuttle StoreLocator" http://www.shuttle.eu/buy.
Latest News Posts
- Using virtual reality to help medical patients walk again
- Survey: Apple Watch is clearly a want, and not necessarily a need
- WellBe wearable bracelet helps analyze stressful parts of your day
- Levi wants to embrace Google wearable technology into its products
- Report: Half of jobs at risk from ongoing robotics revolution
- PC starts by turning off USB HD
- Building render system, need help!
- USB hard drive not recognized
- Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler Review
- 970 Extreme 4 - Load Line Calibration, Does not work properly.
- EVGA Announces the GeForce GTX TITAN-X Hybrid
- QNAP Announces the AMD-powered TS-563 NAS
- Abyss Dark Arisen Gameplay Features Part II
- MSI to Host US$200,000 Master Gaming Arena 2015
- 3E Company Recognized as Best in SDS Management with ISHN Readers' Choice Award