Shuttle: Power-saving Nettop with SUSE Linux Operating System
Dual-Core Processor harmonises with Open Source Operating System on the smallest footprint
Shuttle Inc., the market leader in the Mini-PC sector and manufacturer of Multi-Form-Factor solutions, is now expanding its portfolio of Mini-PCs with Open Source operating systems. The latest offshoot is the X270V complete system based on the Shuttle Barebone X27D.
As with earlier Shuttle Mini-PCs with pre-installed Linux operating system, the X270V uses openSUSE - now in version 11. All PC functions are configured after the first start-up in only a few steps and can then be used immediately. Expansion with program packages is possible at any time by a 1-Click-Installation from the openSUSE website to meet individual requirements.
"The resource-saving requirements of Linux are ideal for Nettops.", said Tom Seiffert, Head of Marketing & PR at Shuttle Computer Handels GmbH.
The tiny tot with a volume of only a few litres accommodates energy-efficient components from the mobile sector within its highly-polished, black-coated case. The X270V is driven by an Intel dual-core Atom 330 CPU with each core clocked at 1.6 GHz. Up to 2GB of DDR2 memory can be fitted for fluent work with internet and office applications.
Fast Gigabit-LAN, 6-channel audio, PS/2-connectors, serial interface, 6x USB, VGA and DVI-out, connect the X270V to peripheral devices.
The Shuttle X270V Complete System is available immediately in bespoke configurations from specialist retailers or via the Shuttle Systems Configurator. Shuttle's recommended retail price starts from EUR 299 (ex VAT). The Shuttle Systems Configurator is located at http://www.shuttle.eu/systems. Resellers can be found via the "Shuttle StoreLocator" http://www.shuttle.eu/buy.
Latest News Posts
- Electric Concept One beats Bugatti Veyron
- Samsung unveils the Galaxy C7 Pro
- Lucasfilm denies CG Princess Leia plan for 'Star Wars 9'
- Take home 'Pete's Dragon' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Putting Nintendo Switch launch games into perspective
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- Help overclocking x5460 / GA-EP43-UD3L past 3.99ghz
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99
- ESL One returns to Southeast Asia to kick-off world class Dota 2 action in 2017