NComputing Builds on Ultra Low-Cost Computing Success with New X-series Desktop Virtualization Kit
Sydney, Australia - April 16, 2009 - The global economic slowdown is driving a surge of sales in ultra low-cost computing. And now NComputing, the market leader, has added another compelling offering to its award-winning X-series product line. The new X350 is designed specifically for organizations that want to economically and efficiently add users for the lowest cost and best performance.
Built to accommodate popular slim-line PCs, the X350 kit, with a Recommended Retail Price of A$475, turns one PC into four virtual desktops - each delivering rich multimedia performance and full-screen video. With a second X350 kit, a total of seven users can share a single PC. The X350 is a lower-cost, low-profile version of the highly successful NComputing X550, which supports up to 11 users on a full-sized PC. And like all NComputing solutions, the X350 features the award-winning NComputing vSpace desktop virtualization software.
"Now more than ever, customers need to lower their computing costs," said Stephen Dukker, CEO and chairman of NComputing. "Customer IT and finance departments agree that NComputing delivers the performance their users need while saving money today and in long-term maintenance and energy costs. The X350 continues our tradition of unmatched computing value."
The NComputing solution is based on a simple fact: today's PCs are so powerful that the vast majority of applications use only a small fraction of the computer's capacity. NComputing enables a single PC to be virtualized so that many users can tap the unused capacity and share it as if each person had their own computer. Each user enjoys a full PC experience by connecting their own monitor, keyboard and mouse to an NComputing device, which is then connected to the shared PC. Each X350 kit contains three NComputing XD2 devices and a low-profile PCI card that fits inside space-saving computers. Unlike other desktop virtualization solutions, the patented and highly-efficient X350 delivers rich multimedia and full-screen video.
"The low cost of purchasing and maintaining NComputing made the decision to deploy simple, and we're planning to expand and put NComputing into our testing lab as well," said Matt Kandefer, an IT supervisor at Altek Electronics. "Now, our technical and factory teams can quickly and easily get at the information they need. We couldn't have done this without NComputing."
The X350 is available now from authorised Australian NComputing resellers and distributors . In less than two years, NComputing has sold more than one million seats, making it the largest provider of ultra-low-cost computing solutions. NComputing's simplicity and ease of use have contributed to rapid worldwide acceptance: anyone with basic PC skills can install an NComputing solution and the savings are immediate. Over 40,000 organizations in 140 countries have deployed NComputing to slash their computing costs and electric consumption. Each access device uses just one watt of electricity, compared to 110 for a standalone PC, making NComputing the greenest computing solution on earth.
Manufacturer: NComputing, Inc.
Product name: X350
Australia RRP: AUD$475.00
New Zealand RRP: NZ$690.00
Product Link: http://www.ncomputing.com/Solutions/Xseries/XSeriesOverview/tabid/459/language/en-US/Default.aspx
Australian Distributors: Ingram Micro Australia and Leader Computers
New Zealand Distributors: MPA New Zealand Ltd
About NComputing, Inc.
NComputing, Inc. was founded with the goal of making desktop computing affordable for everyone. The company's award-winning patented technology lowers desktop computing costs, improves manageability, and reduces both energy consumption and e-waste. For more information, visit http://www.ncomputing.com/
Latest News Posts
- Nokia unveils its new OZO virtual reality camera, priced at $60,000
- Apple expected to launch even thinner MacBook Air models next year
- New 'Batman V Superman' teaser revels in animosity
- USB-C connector updated with Intel's Thunderbolt 3 transfer protocol
- Crimson Edition hotfix driver released, fixes fan and game issues
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Synthesio Announces Janet Megdadi As Chief Revenue Officer
- Polk BOOM Adds to Ready 4 Anything Speaker Family with New Swimmer Duo and Swimmer Jr.
- Viper SmartStart 4.0 Now Lets You Control Your Car from Your Wrist
- Gemalto Payment HSM Supports Cloud Tokenization Requirements for Secure Mobile Payment Transactions and Digitization of Credit Card Credentials
- ALL-METAL LG ZERO BRINGS TOGETHER LUXURIOUS DESIGN WITH BEST CAMERA TECHNOLOGY