OCZ Technology Introduces AMD Optimized Memory for the AM3 Platform that Meets Low-Voltage Requirements for a Future-Proof System
San Jose, Calif.-April 13, 2009-OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today expanded their memory lineup for AMD enthusiasts and power users with new DDR3 kits qualified and optimized specifically for the AM3 platform. The new low-voltage kits were designed exclusively for AMD's transition to DDR3 and are tailored to make full use of the latest computing environments as well as establish a future-proof system with restricted voltage requirements.
"AMD's new AM3 architecture is designed specifically for the gaming community, with emphasis on high data transfer rates between the system memory and the graphics subsystem," commented Dr. Michael Schuette, VP of Technology Development at OCZ. "The key improvement over the AM2 platform is the embracing of DDR3 technology where OCZ has a track record of being a market leader. These new AMD kits further establish our leading role in this category and show our commitment to both industry partners and the gaming community by complementing AMD's gaming platform with future-oriented, low voltage memory technology."
OCZ's newest 1600MHz and 1333MHz Low-Voltage kits are optimized to leverage AMD's DDR3 platform for an enhanced real world computing experience, particularly beneficial for enthusiasts, gamers, and professionals whose systems demand superior compatibility. Featuring a low-voltage specification, the new AMD optimized memory will be an excellent way to future-proof your system with impending CPU voltage limitations on the next generation platforms.
OCZ will release the low-voltage AMD Edition kits under the award-winning Platinum and Gold series designed specifically for enthusiasts and gamers:
OCZ PC3-12800 Platinum AMD Edition Low Voltage (2x2GB) 7-7-7-24 @ 1.65v
OCZ PC3-12800 Gold AMD Edition Low Voltage (2x2GB) 8-8-8-24 @ 1.65v
OCZ PC3-10666 Platinum Low Voltage AMD Edition (2x2GB) 7-7-7-20 @ 1.65v
OCZ PC3-10666 Gold AMD Edition Low Voltage (2x2GB) 9-9-9-20 @ 1.65v
Each module is 100% hand-tested for quality assurance and compatibility and feature high quality gold or platinum mirrored XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreaders for the most effective heat dissipation. As part of OCZ's line-up of premium memory, the AMD Edition memory series is backed by a Lifetime Warranty and industry-leading technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com
Latest News Posts
- LG uses Advanced In-Cell Touch technology for next-gen laptop screens
- GIGABYTE Z170 motherboards teased, with a super-hot new look
- Samsung pushes the SSD game with 2TB 850 Evo and 850 Pro additions
- Microsoft will put the finishing touches on Windows 10 this week
- Japan accepts recently issued giant robot challenge from US company
- ICY DOCK Black Vortex MB174U3S-4SB USB 3.0 Storage Enclosure Review
- C2750D4I: EFI firmware bug?
- ASRock X99 OC Formula/3.1 (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Custom Bios (ASRock X99 Extreme6 3.1 ?
- Samsung 850 EVO and 850 PRO 2TB SSDs Review
- GELID Announces Polar 1U Low-profile CPU Cooler for Intel LGA115x
- Transcend Announces StoreJet 35T3 8TB USB 3.0 External HDD
- Samsung Electronics Leads Consumers into the New Era of Multi-Terabyte SSDs with Launch of 2-TB 850 PRO and 850 EVO
- AMD and Dell Support Bioinformatics Studies at University of Warsaw in Poland
- IBM, NVIDIA and Mellanox Launch Design Center for Big Data and HPC