OCZ Technology Introduces AMD Optimized Memory for the AM3 Platform that Meets Low-Voltage Requirements for a Future-Proof System
San Jose, Calif.-April 13, 2009-OCZ Technology Group, a worldwide leader in innovative, ultra-high performance and high reliability memory, today expanded their memory lineup for AMD enthusiasts and power users with new DDR3 kits qualified and optimized specifically for the AM3 platform. The new low-voltage kits were designed exclusively for AMD's transition to DDR3 and are tailored to make full use of the latest computing environments as well as establish a future-proof system with restricted voltage requirements.
"AMD's new AM3 architecture is designed specifically for the gaming community, with emphasis on high data transfer rates between the system memory and the graphics subsystem," commented Dr. Michael Schuette, VP of Technology Development at OCZ. "The key improvement over the AM2 platform is the embracing of DDR3 technology where OCZ has a track record of being a market leader. These new AMD kits further establish our leading role in this category and show our commitment to both industry partners and the gaming community by complementing AMD's gaming platform with future-oriented, low voltage memory technology."
OCZ's newest 1600MHz and 1333MHz Low-Voltage kits are optimized to leverage AMD's DDR3 platform for an enhanced real world computing experience, particularly beneficial for enthusiasts, gamers, and professionals whose systems demand superior compatibility. Featuring a low-voltage specification, the new AMD optimized memory will be an excellent way to future-proof your system with impending CPU voltage limitations on the next generation platforms.
OCZ will release the low-voltage AMD Edition kits under the award-winning Platinum and Gold series designed specifically for enthusiasts and gamers:
OCZ PC3-12800 Platinum AMD Edition Low Voltage (2x2GB) 7-7-7-24 @ 1.65v
OCZ PC3-12800 Gold AMD Edition Low Voltage (2x2GB) 8-8-8-24 @ 1.65v
OCZ PC3-10666 Platinum Low Voltage AMD Edition (2x2GB) 7-7-7-20 @ 1.65v
OCZ PC3-10666 Gold AMD Edition Low Voltage (2x2GB) 9-9-9-20 @ 1.65v
Each module is 100% hand-tested for quality assurance and compatibility and feature high quality gold or platinum mirrored XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) heatspreaders for the most effective heat dissipation. As part of OCZ's line-up of premium memory, the AMD Edition memory series is backed by a Lifetime Warranty and industry-leading technical support for unparalleled peace of mind.
About OCZ Technology
OCZ Technology Group, a member of JEDEC, designs, develops and manufactures ground-breaking, high performance memory and computer components that set industry standards. OCZ products are the first choice for users needing high-reliability, ultra-high performance solutions. In 2007, PC Power & Cooling and Hypersonic PC were brought into the OCZ Technology Group, forming a well-rounded, highly innovative organization that places the company at the forefront of high-end computing. All of OCZ Technology Group's products are available through its worldwide network of distributors, online resellers and retail stores. For more information visit our website at http://www.ocztechnology.com
Latest News Posts
- EA announces Battlefield Hardline Premium for $50
- Qualcomm teases Snapdragon 820 processor for late 2015, early 2016
- LG details its Watch Urbane smartwatch in its latest video
- Hands-on with HTC's latest One M9 smartphone at MWC 2015
- BlackBerry expanding software products for Apple iOS, Google Android
- Asus x75a motherboard replacement
- Intel's new Cherry Trail x5, x7 and x3 Atom SoC Lineup Preview
- PC-O7S availability (USA)?
- Asrock z97 extreme6 & vga
- Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Intel 82579V Gbit LAN Firmware Update Guide
- Moshi iLynx 3.0: 4-port USB 3.0 Hits Australia and New Zealand
- Fractal Design Announces Venturi Series Fans
- BitFenix Announces AEGIS Micro-ATX Chassis
- VisionTek Introduces DriveXpander 2.5-inch Drive Expansion Slot Adapter
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees